Thinking of changing from a 2010 Senate C to a S2 or S3

gyoung

Throwing around the idea of changing my ski from 2010 senate c to a s2 or S3. I am still trying to consistently run the course 32 mph, don't get access to the course very often. Mainly free ski at 34 mph. Is the S2 the same as the S3? Would I benefit from newer technology or should I stick with the senate c? Thanks guys .

• Baller
I did exactly what you are contemplating doing. The S2 feels faster to me - which is what I was looking for, but I don't seem to be able to turn it as well as the Senate-C. The Senate-C was easily the most forgiving ski I have ridden. If I were you, I would take Mr. Horton's advise.

• Baller_
Agree with coaching. Senate C is a great ski. S2 designed to ride higher on the water so faster. Its also very sensative to boot and fin movements. Senate rides a little deeper and may feel slower with more predictable turns aka forgiving but requires a little more effort. S2 is forgiving....just not as much IMHO.

• Baller
Assuming it's the right size for your speed and weight, the Senate C isn't holding you back. If you want a new ski, great. I ride an S2, and am obviously a fan (my brother rides a non-carbon Senate and is about your level). But @Horton's advice holds (for a lot of us on here): the $ is better spent on coaching.