In Tow handles

Chad_Scott

Hey guys. Brenda at In Tow is making some great handles with a head guard that is a bar strung into the handle. This head guard works really great and you don't even notice it is on there. I have used some of the plastic guards and they seem to add weight and make the handles kinda bulky and a pain to sometimes change and to take off of ropes during the tournament. Brenda sent me two handles and they are identical to the Masterline Custom Grip. Felt really good on both the spectra and the poly strung handle. If you want a different option with the head guard for safety, the In Tow bar is virtually invisible to you while you are skiing definately worth looking at as an option. You can go to www.jlbmfg.com and check them out

The handle is in the boat I will take some pics and try and post them. I quit using the head guards cause I found myself hitting and grabbing them all of the time. This one is very functional and works great. Brenda is ready to be back in the game here and will have some new products and new ropes out real soon. Just wanted to post this as an option for the best option I have seen or used as a head guard. Certainly a good idea for all ballers to use. Terrible things can happen at the speeds and positions we get ourselves in. So I hope everyone will at least give it a look as an option

• Baller
Although I have new handles in stock (US Gear and 2 Radars), Brenda's keeps going strong and has a long life remaining after two seasons. I think I might "divest" from some of the ones I have and get a new InTow with the handle guard when approaching replacing time...

• Baller

Brenda shared some of the prototype versions of "the bar" with me, and frankly they were pretty awkward. But that picture looks like she's really cleaned up the design! I'll almost definitely try one.

Probably obvious to everyone (and I note that Chad carefully used the word "head"), but anyhow: This isn't going to provide much arm protection. Personally, I really hope I never smash up my arm, but the truly unacceptable risk is the head, so this level of protection is something I'm comfortable with.

• Baller
I got a new handle from Brenda for Christmas. She sent it with the bar to see if I like it and said it is removable if I don't like it. I have been playing around with it on some dry land exercises and it seems like it will work. Not bulky, I don't think I will even notice it.

• Baller
fyi i just installed a new arm guard from tw it added 1.6 oz to the handle -pretty lite if you ask me. also mentioned the brenda thing to him and he said he knows historically of 6 head in handle accidents total of which 3 resulted in death but several dozen arm thru handle falls happen every year.