DJI Phantom

coxjon

I have one....I bought the Phantom Vision from B&H photo website. It is awesome. First day I had it, I of course hit a tree when messing with the dog. It ended up in the pool. Dried it out a couple days and it works like new.

Okay I want one of these so bad I can taste it. I am also looking at B&H at one of their DJI ready to fly kits. I have done some homework on these copters and I can tell you a few things... First if you buy the Phantom 2 vs the original Phantom, it gives you 2x battery life (22 min vs 10). Aslo you need to know that you have to have a Hero 3 Gopro. The original Gopro won't fit. Second I have looked at different video footage and if you don't get a gimbal with the phantom you get vibrating video and you can't tilt the cameral down to get the shots right under the copter. The gimbal will also get rid of the vibration that they call the jello effect. Third you want to buy the prop guards & just to be safe you should think about a protective lense for your Gopro camera as you can't use the clear protective case that comes standard with the Gopro.

The phantom i OK, but it is basically a toy, and you don't get very long flights with a camera, and you don't get standard yaw on the go pro gimbal, if you get a gimbal at all.

If you guys are interested in a real high end go pro platform that can take 100% smooth video you need to custom build really still, hit me up if you are intereted in going that route, I will have some nice video posted from our drone in the next few days but here is some of our existing work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tankker99

Note: It is obviously much more expensive then the phantom but the ability to control the camera alone is worth it.....

You are right. You can see what the camera sees for a rated 300 meters. In a neighborhood it could be less due to interference but in the country it is definitely further. I'd love one of the more advanced drones, but for the money it has a lot to offer