Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Stolen / Recovered 2001 SN

Jody_Seal

• Baller_
A good friend and customer of mine just had his 2001 Ski Nautique (model year) Stolen and after he replaced it with a 2007 the boat has been recovered. This boat is now for sale. I re-powered it a few years ago with a Excalibur 330 and installed ZO. It is purely a ski tractor and not a showroom concourse machine. It needs some fluff and buff and a small bit of TLC. mechanically the boat is in top condition as an engineer owns and serviced it regularly. Until a diacom Report can be had the assumption is that the engine has less than 500 hours with less than 50 hours on a new transmission. If some one is looking for a great skiing and driving machine for under $20K please give me a ring and I will forward the info. Also the boat has been recovered un damaged as the dumb ass Druggie that stole it parked it behind his mothers house !

• Baller

Reminds me of a story a bit off-topic, and from perhaps 20+ years back.

A family was driving their motorhome and towing a ski boat behind, maybe out West.

Stopped at a rest area for some zzz's.

Morning comes, and they drive away. However, without the boat. Apparently,

someone had uncoupled it, and then made away with it. Anyone out there

remember that?

Moral of the story: Always have a lock on your trailer hitch and your receiver. And

of course, same when you park your trailer with/without a boat on it.

• Baller
I was at a hotel one time when somebody pulled the pin on the hitch lock on my trailer and pulled up the trailer tongue latch lever and removed the safety cables. I suppose the idea was to laugh at me when the boat and trailer detached from my truck. Luckily I inspected before driving away and caught it before it killed somebody

• Baller_
The stolen boat was parked behind a locked fence with a lock on the hitch. Just remember that crack/meth heads are not all their and do absolutely the stupidest things. Glad the boat was recovered and intact. Perps are now in the crowbar country club awaiting trial and sentencing. apparently their was a stolen new Harley involved also.

• Baller
State patrol told me that storage locker facilities are the worst place on earth to store anything of value. He said that crooks steal stuff, then store it in these places. Then they watch to see what other people are putting in their lockers, and steal that stuff too.

• Baller_

That's the one! recovered and cleaned up as the owners were so distraught about not having a boat to ski with they updated to a 08 196, Then the stolen boat recovered these guy's need to sell the 01.

Dumb ass's that stole it thought if they cut the Garman pucks from the harnesses the boat could not be tracked by GPS!!!! Boat now sporting a new set of Perfect Pass GPS Pucks!

• Baller
I would have never thought of someone pulling a prank where they would undo the coupler on a trailer. I put a padlock on in place of the pin to keep it from opening. I use the same lock to padlock my lift when the boat is unattended. Mine only gets towed to the launch ramp and back, and an occasional trip to a marina.