Help w/ new ski

roda

• Baller

After 6 years on an D3 RCx and not making much progress (slow learner) I am trying a new ski to see if it will help add some consistency to my runs. I am 5'7" @ 155lbs and when I was trying skis back in '08 was on the bubble between 65" & 66" skis. I opted for the 65" but never have been very consistent. I run 22 @ 34 somewhat consistently but feel like the ski has a small sweet spot. I picked up a 66" '13 Radar Vice-C thinking the longer ski might help w/ some stability. First few passes I can hardly turn on my off side. Ski is set up per stock #'s from what I could find from Rossi/Rini posting. After 1st set I moved the bindings forward a hole (Strada dual plate) and it turns faster but not really stable. I know I need a more rides but looking for any advice to speed up the process when running a longer ski when you are on the bubble size wise. I have not skied it with the wing as I haven't been using one on the D3.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Rod A.

PS: where can you find fin/binding settings for the Vice? The Radar site gets an 'A' for artistic content but can't seem to find the info for the skis.

• Baller
@ShaneH: I didn't write them down but they were all spot on or only a couple thousands off of these: 2.51 / 6.84 / 0.755. Started with front binding at 28 5/8 and then moved it forward one hole (didn't remeasure) after 1st set.

• Baller

I believe Rossi recommends starting with bindings at 28 7/8 on the Radar 66's(both the strada and vices). So moving forward one hole put you close to that. You may in fact need another hole forward.

I'd use @chrisrossi 's strada numbers, unless he comments with something better.

28 7/8" 2.505 6.843 0.755 9