Handle Diameter

xrated

• Baller
Have used 1.08, 1.092 and 1.1 , and I do not feel a big difference. Different brands, though, so do not know if they are really 100% comparable. Skiers that grip with fingers tend to like thinner, with palms, thicker, how thin or thick is personal matter I guess.

• Baller
Like most, I used something close to 1.00 for 20+ years and continually had calluses to prove it. After spending some time with Chet Raley, he uses a 1.183 from ML. At first, it felt like holding a club, but after a couple of seasons, I don't need liners under my gloves and the calluses are in check. I highly recommend trying it. As an interim step, try a 1.10

• Baller
I think you CAN go too small. I used .94" for five years. When I started getting deeper into -35, the handle started hurting my fingers. I've been through the whole range of sizes since then and settled on quite a bit bigger (1.062"). Too small got distracting.

• Baller

Thanks guys. Think I will order the 1" and see. I've been using a variety of handles depending on where I am skiing, but as I keep thinking about taking it more serious I know I need to pick one handle and bring it to whatever boat I am behind. Always felt most comfortable with an old Straight line but I don't know the diameter off hand.

I do notice that some buddies I don't mind the handle and others I can't not think about it.