Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

School me.

SocalWaterSki

Snow is starting to melt and the lakes are beginning to thaw. This is the time for me to start thinking about the other ski season. Up to this point I've been very "hands off" on my ski tuning. Meaning, I had someone set my wing, and I've never moved it since. I'm currently riding the HO coefficient X from last year... Love the ski, but am looking to get a bit more out of it. I'm looking for someone to school me on how and why to adjust the wing. What am i trying to achieve?

Now that there are no local shops (that I know of) I really feel I need to be taking this on myself. I also need to find a place to demo some new skis...

Hopefully I can find a course to run in this year.... Otherwise I'm in public waters with a ez-slalom, bribing the sheriff to turn a blind eye...

• Baller
What year CoX do you have (assuming it's not a super lite)? I think all but the first year had a semi-idiot proof fin assembly. It had an adjustable wing but you could only change DFT (distance from tail) and there were basically 3 positions. If that is the fin assembly you have, toss it and get the real fin box assembly and set it to factory settings. I found the stock CoX (non SL) fin assembly was not able to get to what HO recommended. It was shorter and deeper than their recommended settings (if my memory serves me correctly). When I first tried my CoX I was regretting not getting the SL, the fin assembly and proper settings helped.

• Administrators

@SocalWaterSki‌

you know that scene in the matrix where you get to choose between the red and the blue pill?

choosing to click on the below link or not will have the same effect

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/22/your-ski-is-a-lever-revisit

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

@Ed_Obermeier‌ - Thanks, the wife bought me the P5 last season for a wedding gift. I have a slight guitar addiction.. those are the 2 that get played the most which is why they are on the ground... we were jamming just before this photo was taken. I try to keep my plate as full as possible when I'm not at work, helps slow my mind down.

• Baller
I would recommend setting the fin to stock and the wing to 8 as Horton recommends and work on technique. I find tweaking the fin doesn't help that much until you are running into 38. I have screwed around with mine on occasion and wind up putting it back to stock and fixing my technique.

• Baller
@SocialWaterSki you have the standard fin, HO says it's "adjustable" but I could not get to factory settings with it. The "syndicate" fin is fully adjustable and you can hit the factory settings. Forgot to mention HO has different factory settings for the SL and non-SL versions.