Pro shop carrying Vapor suggestion

cragginshred

• Baller
I am planning to upgrade to a Radar Vapor within the next 2 months. What are some pro shops that you all would suggest that would be willing to set it up for my level? I do plan to get a caliper and have messed with my Strada fin, however, from what most say this ski needs proper settings to perform optimally so I would rather reduce the frustration time and get it set up before being shipped.

do you have a local radar pro you could buy it through and get him to set it up as part of a lesson? I am not sure there are many pro shops that will be able to do that and do a good job? I would love to be proven wrong though, every time I call a pro shop you get a wakeboard dude pretty much it seems.

• Administrators
  • Baller

+1 for Performance Ski & Surf in Orlando. Got my Vapor there, they will do you right. For West Coast Wiley's will set it up for you also.

I would recommend stock settings first, but if they don't seem to work for you try the alt settings from Horton's review. Stock settings blew for me, but the Rini/Horton settings rock. I tweaked a few thousand's from there and now nothing more ski could do for me at this point, pilot is the limiting factor.

• Baller_
Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf // Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf

• Baller
Thanks guys! I am pretty sure I got my strada boots from perf. Re the numbers I am just going off what most people said something like 'the ski was ok until.....then it was awesome' . I obviously need to become more comfortable with making adjustments. I just don't wan to get lost in a sea of possibilities as I do not live on a lake and have endless amount of time to try the various settings.

• Baller
Deanoski I live in the same county as Yosemite -Ca. Foothill area. I ski at Sunspray lake near here. Closest pro shop is the Mastercraft one in Pleasonton who so carry Radar skis but it's a ways to go there and I do not know if they do any sort of demo thing.

• Members
Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf // Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf / Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf Perfomance Ski&Surf

• Baller
Seth doesn't own his pro shop anymore, his name is still affiliated to it tho, it is now out of New York area, I did get a ski thru them, they are helpful, but u don't get the knowledge base that you used to