Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

2 breakthrough concepts

Chris Rossi

• Baller

@ToddL

"What is the one or two things that you had to learn/master to get over one of your biggests plateaus in running up the ski rope? These might be things that you have so incorporated into your style that now they are automatic, so think back... Also, how did you obtain that skill or ability?"

I'd say my biggest two breakthrough concepts were:

1) Be ok with my vision or sight line being narrow of the buoy line. Like many here I was stuck at 35 for a long time. I could run 32 every set but struggled to run 35. It took me a while to realize that I was trying to make 35 look like 32 but at this line length the rope is closing in on being short of the buoy at 90 degrees to the pylon. I found myself pulling harder and longer at 35 but still ending up narrow! It's very frustrating so say the least. I did not start running 35 consistently until I grew my confidence so I stopped pulling so hard/long, and finally the lightbulb went off that I will not see outside the buoy line on any line lengths past 32 off.

2) Turns are not where you make up time in the course. The turns are where we as skiers are vulnerable. To try to make up for mistakes here is the greatest mistake. Where do we fall almost 100 percent of the time? Not until I started focusing on completing the turn (no matter how down course I am) and skiing into a stacked position (power triangle http://slalomguru.com/articles.php?article=power) did I start to get consistent with my skiing.

• Baller_
I spend a lot of time telling myself my head will be on the inside of the buoy line but the brain does not want to listen and I still try to get it outside the line far to often. I tell myself...just the ski goes around, just the ski goes around. Tough to do though. Great advice.

Unless time starts running backward, I will probably never run it, but one of my ski partners maintains- "at -35, if you get to a point where you can see down the buoy line, you already missed it". Seems reasonable, given the geometry involved?