Move up on top of it or let it get sucked under you..

Wish

• Baller_
So in watching the Moomba, I noticed two technique differences in getting your weight up over the front of the ski from the edge change to the apex. Tgas= move the mass up and forward by moving upper body forward (using the line to make it happen) on the ski. Will= let the knees/ski get sucked under you essentially relocating weight to front of ski by letting ski (not sure how to describe it but..) get further back from where it was at centerline of the wake. Not really a question as much as an opening for discussion on the two different techniques to move the mass forward on the ski. Thoughts?

• Baller

Maybe like carving a snow ski turn vs sucking up the knees in the moguls?

The coolest feel for me is when I get over the front and it rebounds like a trampoline at the apex (slalom waterski). Tgas style? When I let my ski get behind me (Will style?) I can still turn but it's not as much fun. Since my buoy count is weak, it's all about the fun. I might feel different if chasing one last buoy...

• Baller

@wish I think part of what you're describing is not what Will's doing, but what you perceive is happening based on the vantage point from the boat. Since the ski starts to roll out away from the boat, it looks like it's moving behind and underneath because the skier is moving in between it and the boat. I might be splitting hairs here, but just a thought so people don't get confused by the description.

Tgas is one of those guys like Dave Miller, with a very unorthodox style. He gets way forward with his upper body but keeps his speed up so the ski comes back under the rope without stopping. In all actuality, I think that Will has a style that's got a lot of similarities to Tgas. He hunches forward with his back as the ski rolls out, but he keeps the handle in low to his core whereas Tgas hunches and let's the handle move up with two hands.

I think another style are the guys who drive their core up and over the ski as it rolls out. Mapple and Parrish stand out here.

And then there's Nate and I don't know what that dude does but turn and lean.