Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Knotless ropes having knots?

Waternut

• Baller
Been looking for new ropes for the new season and keep stumbling on the same problem. What's the deal with knotless ropes having knots in them? The Radar Vapor knotless, Radar Switch knotless, Proline knotless, and the Accurate knotless ropes all have knots in them at each loop. By definition, I would say a knotless rope is one without knots but that clearly isn't the case. What don't I understand?

• Baller

@Churchy Can you tell any difference between a standard rope and Accurate's knotless rope?

I have seen the Masterline knotless slide rope and really like it but I'm not sure I can justify $120 for a rope at this stage in my skiing.

@Waternut‌, I promise you I can't justify a $120 rope at MY skiing level, but I bought one anyway (actually Christmas gift from my wife) and I think it's worth every penny. For one, due to my poor skiing and all the slack hits I take, I think the much heavier and better built Masterline will last me multiples longer than some of the less expensive ropes; secondly, and again probably due to my errors, I was concerned about the braiding in one of the sections of my knotless mainline and I asked Masterline if I needed to worry about it--they said no, because we're going to mail you a new section, no questions asked!

Masterline truly is knotless and is the way to go if you ask me. It is the easiest rope to keep untangled I've ever had and built like a tank.

@waternut from memory the loops were still knotted but not as lumpy as most ropes. I can't go and check for you either as that rope is now peacefully resting on the bottom of the river still attached to my wife's custom pink masterline handle. Note to everyone: do not take the rope off the pylon until you are sure your little "helpers" have pulled the handle all the way in!