Charleston, SC Ski Sites

Beans

• Baller
Does anybody have recommendations on where to ski in/near Charleston? I'll be there for a week with my family and my dad and I are looking to do some skiing while Michigan is still frozen solid. We'll be there from April 5th-13th and know of Seth Stisher's school and Trophy Lakes. We're trying to balance price, level of coaching, and ability to demo skis. We'll be slaloming only (unless someone would be cool with me borrowing their jumpers!)

• Baller_
Both sites are great, and you won't go wrong whichever you choose. I ski Charleston a lot, and I am not aware of any ski sites, clubs etc. that offer skiing to the public other than Seth's and Trophy. I'm sure people ski on the river, but who they are and where they call home is unknown to me. I think that both sites offer coached and uncoached sets, so if you want some less expensive skiing, that is available. I know Seth will be back from Gordon's in Acapulco by the time you arrive, and his driver Grace will be back for a second season after skiing with Lucky Lowe all winter. I don't know who will be at Trophy in early April, but I suspect that their top guy, Austin Able, may still be Down Under. The other consideration is the boat. If Trophy has a new MC, you are all set, but if they still have last year's boat and you plan to ski -22, your ankles might get sore. Otherwise, Trophy is awesome. Bring some rubber because the water will probably be 60's ish at either site. And by all means, have the shrimp and grits somewhere.

Lpskier

• Baller
We skied at Seth's and loved it, he is a great guy and awesome coach when we stayed their, we rented a house in foley beach right on the ocean, it's an awesome little town and is only about 20 minutes from the site

We will be in Charleston the week before @beans. Last time I checked Seth's website, he was going to be in Dubai or somewhere. I'd better double check. If Seth is unavailable, what are the other best options?

• Baller

If you want to jump, I think you need to go to Trophy. But I've seen Seth take one of his students over there for that. Also, I think Seth will have someone at his site in his absence.

As for demos, there are some at the site (H2Osmosis), but nearly anything can be arranged if you set it up ahead of time H2OProShop.com.

• Baller
Just bring your gear..... this time of year things are pretty flexible and you'll be able to get time on the water pretty much whenever you want either at Seth's or at Trophy....if you want coaching from Seth you may want to confirm he will be in town as spring starts getting busy for him. Keep me posted on when your going to get to town, I am always looking for extra people to ski with. adamcaldwell36@gmail.com

How is the water temp at the end of April at Trophy Lakes? I'll be in Charleston for a wedding at the end of April. Thought I would go ski a couple sets. Anyone know what a set cost there? Couldn't find rate info on the Trophy website. Thanks!

• Baller_

I just confirmed with Seth's driver. He will be at his site the first week of April for sure, and they will be open full time for the season. Call the number on his website, 866.213.7993 to check for availability. I know it is early, but apparently there will be some skiers in town.

@adamcaldwell I'll take you up on that offer !

Lpskier