Screw it! I am going to quit skiing and just ride my HUVr board all day

Horton

• Baller

Despite the millions of people who were convinced that the HUVr board was real, it was revealed that it was all an elaborate hoax. The board uses liquid nitrogen and makes the surfaces it glides over super cold so that the board levitates. Moreover, the HUVr team used curved objects like ramps to make the gimmick look even more believable.

In order to add credibility to the HUVr board hoax, the video includes world renown skateboarder Tony Hawk as well as a line of famous people to test the product. The celebrities who used the fake hoverboard include Los Angeles rapper Schoolboy Q, Best Coast’s Bethany Cosentino, and Christopher Lloyd.

The HUVr team claims to have developed the hoverboard back in 2010 at MIT’s Physics Graduate Program. The hoverboard hoax even goes as far as having a company website with an email, although no one has responded from that email as of yet.

So why the HUVr board hoax in the first place? Many Back to the Future fans are speculating that this may serve as a teaser for another Back to the Future movie. While rumors have been swirling around for years, Christopher Lloyd, who played Dr. Emmett Brown in the series, in the video may indicate a Back to the Future IV in the near future.

Read more at http://americanlivewire.com/2014-03-04-huvr-real-life-hoverboard-hoax/

• Baller
@Horton I did you a solid favor mate, some dill might actually go shopping for one of things and spend their hard earned on some scam site out of India or somewhere. That good bloke Horton said he was getting one, think I might have a case, what was the name of that no win no fee place down the road? Think he's also selling some scam currency on his website as well.... Oh the ugliness... But if you wanted to pick it up again I'm sure you try an unboxing video...

• Baller

And this ---- Energy is high at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama, where after almost two years of waiting scientists are finally about to receive a working anti-gravity machine. At the heart of the machine is a concept that would turn the world on its ear. The combustion engine, for example, would be immediately obsolete–we would have “gravity-powered” cars–and the space shuttle's current locomotion would be laughable. NASA has paid almost US$600,000 to Ohio-based Superconductive Components, Inc. (SCI), a company specializing in ceramics and superconductors. SCI Vice President James R. Gaines, Jr. enthuses, “If it works, what a hoot!”

Many physicists are incredulous, though. This anti-grav revolution started in 1992, when Evgeny Podkletnov published the results of an anti-grav experiment in science journal Physica C. He had displaced gravity within a field enough to reduce the weight of an object by 2%. The submission was quickly a hotly debated topic because gravity is key to the current paradigm in physics. If someone were to bend gravity the world of physics would be sent back to the drawing board, much like it was when Newton devised his theory or when Einstein gave his two cents.

The scientist(s) who successfully displaced gravity would no doubt take home a Nobel Prize for science. The trouble was, Podkletnov knew his work would be big news, and he worried someone would steal his thunder. He refused to let anyone in the lab to verify his findings and his paper was hazy on the details. That sort of behavior does not go over well in the scientific community, and it resulted in Podkletnov losing his job at Tampere University of Technology in Finland.

Podkletnov says his experiment has been replicated many times by other researchers in the years since his article was published. Unfortunately, no one has published those findings. The only researchers who have published have been unsuccessful in their attempts to defy gravity. Ron Koczor (a Marshall Space Flight Center scientist) was one to publish his findings of failure. Podkletnov had claimed that all the conditions in the experiment had to be perfect to get results, and Koczor convinced NASA that a company like SCI could supply the expertise needed to reproduce those perfect conditions.

So in 1999, NASA commissioned SCI to build a replica of Podkletnov's original experiment. The device consists of a superconductive disc (the exact makeup of which is kept secret by Podkletnov–this is the area of SCI's expertise, though) about 6 inches in diameter and one inch thick cooled to under �233 degrees centigrade and levitated with a magnetic field. The disc is then spun with an electric field. Podkletnov says an object placed above the disc when it's spinning at more than 5,000 RPM will weigh less. Gravity, in the area above the disc, is being overruled. While it may seem a simple thing to spin a special disc very quickly with special methods, Podkletnov insists the setup must be done exactly right.

SCI's project is a year behind schedule, but Gaines says his team is nearly done. SCI won't do the testing, however, since its expertise is ceramics, not physics. NASA will do the testing, and if the experiment is a success the field of superconductors would certainly receive new attention.

NASA is interested in this project for practical reasons more so than theoretical. Current propulsion technology is ineffective in the zero-gravity environment of space. Using current technology it would take the net energy of a whole planet to reach the closest star outside our galaxy within a lifetime. Nuclear power is more promising, but still not enough to make interstellar travel practical. If Podkletnov's findings are proven, this would be the much-needed paradigm shift that would make interstellar travel possible.

NASA is currently investigating many approaches to propulsion, only a few of which are anti-grav related. Anti-gravity is a hot topic, though, and one can find as many as 7 major concepts, from superconductors to gyroscopes, on physics websites.

• Baller
I would say that carbon pro is about as close to a hover board as they get. Finally got to ski behind one, and all I can say is, "wake, what wake?" that thing friggin floated over the water!!!! I think me wants one!!!