Radar Profile boot

The_MS

• Baller

@MS I got to try a set that were on an S3 I rode last week. The Profile occupies an interesting niche.

I've used heat molded Stradas from back when they were RS-1s, and was impressed by the Profile's arch support, comfort, and control. They definitely provide more support and control than the Vectors (I have Vectors on my guest ski so have tried them too). The Profile's also release like the Vectors with their liner permanently attached to the shell.

The price is good, and the only downsides I'd note are that their bright orange, which is sure to fade, won't suit everyone's taste, and the closed toe doesn't allow them to dry as quickly as a Vector or a Strada with its liner out. Other than that, Profiles are a worthy addition to Radar's top notch binding lineup.

• Baller_

Description

Radar Profile Water Ski Bindings

The Radar Profile Water Ski Bindings bridge the gap between high end performance and unparalleled comfort. New for this year, the Radar Profile bindings take the high end performance of the Radar Vapor bindings, and combine the comfort of the classic Radar Vector binding. This closed toe boot is right and left foot specific and will come with a front and rear aluminum mounting plate. The inserts in the bottom of the boot slide for micro-adjustments if moving the binding plate one hole makes too much of a difference in your skiing. The dual lace system allows you to dial in the fit and comfort of this binding to maximize your potential to reach a new personal best!

- Single 3D Molded Tongue

- Double Lacing

- Responsive Support

- Asymmetrical fit

This item is packaged as a pair so you will receive one left boot, one right boot, one front aluminum plate, and one rear aluminum plate.

• Baller_
Thanks @Skijay and @RD. After trying the Stradas, I am pretty sure that I would not like the rear boot and would probably just go with the front boot and continue to use a rear Wiley. I like the arch support and that is something I need and probably why I am having such a hard time finding a replacement for my Approach. I am assuming that they feel a bit more snug then the Stradas.

• Baller
I tried one on in the shop a couple of weeks back and was very impressed with the comfort and slightly more ankle stiffness / support than the Vectors. I will almost certainly get one for the front and continue to run the vector on the back. I'm not sold on the orange but I can live with it. IMO it is a seriously good boot.

• Baller
I have them. I had been using the vector for a long time. I liked the feel but with the open toe my foot would slide forward even with the bottom laces tied up tight. I tried the Vapor boot and loved the way it felt on my foot but I did not like the lateral stiffness in the boots way high up on my ankles. The Profile feels great to me. Closed toe so my foot is more stable on the ski and a nice amount of support around the ankle. Not too loose not too stiff.

• Baller

Hi:

I have had all 3 in the last 18 months.

Vector: Nice 1st step. Not stiff, but nice, maybe as a rear boot only if your are a die hard course guy. Upside is you can share your ski with LFF/RFF. I got these originally on my Senate, but wanted a bit more.

Profile: Specific to LFF or RFF. Nice upgrade in stiffness from Vector but less than Vapor.

Could easily be the fit that course skiers want and definitely for hard core open water/course skiers. I have a lower volume foot and found the front footbed a little loose unless I cinched the lower lace tight. Fit was exactly to size. The Liner is not removable. Very comfortable liner. I have come out of/released in a crash.

Vapor: Very Stiff when compared to above. Comes with plastic/extra stiffness piece that can be inserted at the ankle. The most forward angle/aggressive stance of the three. Removable Boot Liners which can be custom fit.

I have the Vapors now. I like them. But I was not disappointed at all with the Profiles! I have much more serious issues with my skiing than my boots -- LOL.

Hope that helps.

• Baller
I started using a profile front last year. Bought a vapor and wanted new boots. I use rtp so liked the profile because it releases easier in a crash and also is wider than the vapor boot and my foot is wide. Been happy with the profile. Very comfortable, easy in and out, feels very stable and connected to the ski. Would certainly recommend it!

• Baller
I've had 2 very good seasons out of my profile boot, super comfortable and durable. Its only this year I've decided to switch to the Vapor to see if I like it any better... Profile is still in great condition.