More irrational than ever!

crashman

As mentioned in my signature line, I think this slalom addiction results in some pretty irrational decision making! Some of you remember me as the winner of the BOS sweepstakes a few years back (@horton actually called my house! My wife was both scared and impressed!) Not long after I knew it was time to get a proper slalom boat to go along with the ski, and along came @krlee with a boat I had shipped half way across the country to serve as the official crashman towboat.

Fast forward to today, and somehow I find myself closing on a ski lake lot 20 minutes from my house. So thanks Horton for the "free" ski. It might be the most expensive "free" ski ever made! I've tried to explain all this to friends and family, but it just never makes sense to them. Here's hoping that more water time= faster progress. And if any ballers are driving I-69 between Indy and Ft Wayne stop off at exit 245 for a pull! (once the ice melts, that is)

• Baller

Congrats @Crashman - that's fantastic! I know it might feel irrational now, but just remember that it is easily rationalized - at least internally - actually, don't try to rationalize it. Others may never get it either come to think of it. But rest assured, the spending will slow down in other areas due to your investment in this sport.

Other areas that don't require skis, boats, zero off's, wetsuits, dry suits, booms, trainers, ropes, gloves that tighten with the turn of a knob, bindings that shape to your feet and release using just your smartphone, jackets, illuminated dashboards, smaller slalom wakes, bigger trick wakes, more horsepower, fuel cans, smooth water, soft buoys, private lots, docks, steering cables, time, or a mechanic. Worth EVERY penny though I promise

@AB I don't think so. The lake has attracted more non-skiers than skiers, but the slalom course is deeded to the lake (i looked at another lake where the course was removed by a 50% homeowner vote) it has a well to keep it full and can be drained for maintenance. 9 lots total on the lake- only 3 families (including mine) that ski. I should get plenty of ski time. Only downside it the setup is short but my next best option would be a 90 minute drive.

• Baller

Congrats! Quality consistent water time will improve your scores and your life.

Totally rational.

Buddy of mine drives around in a $100K 2012 Range Rover at 8MPG and says he wishes he could have a lake place and boat like me. That's irrational!

BTW I drive a 2000 pickup and 2009 Jetta.

• Baller
@crashman‌ I actually drove by your site while on 69 yesterday and saw your boat. Didn't see a course in yet but maybe I missed it. I skied 2 weeks ago with only a cold weather top. It was a little cold. Our course isn't in yet either.