Paddleboard recommendations

WBLskier

• Baller
I'm looking to buy a new paddleboard with durability and budget as the primary concerns. I know there are a ton of good boards out there but I don't want to spend much and I don't want to have to worry about the kids damaging it. I'm looking at the Greco Ark (mostly foam) and the Tower Adventurer (inflatable). Each is under $500. Does anyone have any experience with these or suggestions for something else that might fit the bill? Thanks.

• Baller
We've got an NRS Big Earl - inflatable which is about double your price range, and my recommendation would be that if you go inflatable make sure that you can try it out first so that you know how ridged it is. I've tried a couple other inflatables and some of them are like standing on an air mattress.

• Baller
old jeep---how do you like the inflatable in general? the Tower is incredibly rigid...saw it at the boat show a couple weeks ago. It was supported on both ends (unsupported in the middle) and I was standing on the middle of it..no noticeable flex.

• Baller
SoCal Skier--the lifetime boards look super durable but heavy, short and wide. Are they really slow or hard to paddle given the extra 3" or so of width compared to most boards? I just need them to tool around the lake, so a little slower is fine, but if they are a dog to paddle compared to lighter, narrower and longer boards I might not like it as much. Thanks.

I have heard good things about the lifetime products boards for durablity and stability. They also say they paddle easy too. Check out the reveiws on amazon. We are thinking that they are the right type for us as well for Powell. We have taken boards down the past two years and the foam ones were too fragile and the really nice ones scared us to put on the beach so they were kind of a pain.

The lifetime paddle boards are great. I have a very progressive board that I surf. I would never want it for the lake. The lifetime boards are smooth and stable and very reasonable. I own 4 big ones and 2 small ones. With the package deal and a nice discount I was about $300.00 with paddle. I purchased them at sports authority. Old windsurfers are too narrow to be fun for all. I've owned them. Nothing is perfect but these are close

• Baller
Has anyone tried the Sun Dolphin Seaquest 10' paddleboard from Walmart? Looks like it would fit what I need and has a drink holder (which I expect I could find a use for in the summer). Other than being a bit heavy it looks like it would work fine and the price is right.

• Baller
I do agree that the right older windsurfer would work fine. The Bic I have doesn't look that different than the early beginner windsurfers. The F2 longboard I have is a little less stable than my Bic paddleboard but I could make it work. It is just at a different house so I needed another one.

Depends what you plan on using it for and what lake size. If I were on a ski lake, I'd get a cheap foam paddle board from Costco, they don't go very fast, but are very durable and safer for kids. But we are on a very large water way (and don't have kids), so we both have Tahoe SUPs which makes 10 mile paddles much more enjoyable.

Having an adjustable paddle is also nice when sharing with several people.