Olympic Charter

Horton

• Administrators

I stole this from Google

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Seems fair agreed. But why are countries sending professional atheletes to compete? I believe the Olympics should be for a countries best amatures to compete against one another.

If you are being paid as a professional in any given sport you should be disqualified from being able to compete.

• Baller
Since 1986 professional atheletes are explicitely allowed at the Olympics. Which is just fair, as since the cold war, all athletes from behind the iron curtain and Cuba were absolutely professional...

• Baller
Not sure most of the athletes want to go back either. Let's not talk about the glamour US pro sports, but the track and field guys or the bobsled guys, etc who get endorsements and prize money so they don't need second jobs just to be able to "stay" amateur as it was before the change. Don't even get me started on NCAA rules that don't let the kids earn money or risk losing their status.