Boot separation question(s).

Wish

• Baller_

Well, I found replacement set of hardshell boots for the homemades that I use. So that gives me an option with the ones that are on my ski before I replace them. If I like the change I will do this to the new ones. But not really interested if it makes little difference. Was thinking of chopping some of the toe off the rear boot a shoving them closer together. I went back and looked at a few threads on this but only a few posts addressed my question in more then just "closer is better". SO.....

If closer is better, why?

If closer is not better, why?

• Baller_
Ahhhh.... That's what I was looking for. Thanks @MattP. Of course now I'm even more perplexed. I think I'm gonna do it anyway since I have replacements. Sounds like from a couple of the posts that it would help the overloaded onside and the unfinished off but everything seems to be 100% counterintuitive so far with my S2. We will see. But still looking for comments. Thanks.

• Baller_
@OB was being funny....as I am not a "taller guy".. But I do have both heels lifted. To me roller blade boots are not designed to sit flat and are not that way when mounted to a blade (not counting vert ramp skates)

• Baller_
@wish - It's Goldilock's porridge. Measure the heel to heel distance of your existing setup and use the same distance for the new boots. Ride it for a few weeks, then experiment if you want to. I suspect the 'new boots' will make much more difference than the spacing.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
@ShaneH I think I read in another thread that you shoot for about 11.5" ankle spacing. With size 9 Strada boots, I have 11.5" with rear toe as close to front boot as possible without touching. That's without cutting anything. It feels about right. If anything, I might try increasing the gap 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

• Baller_
So I moved them closer. Modified rear boot and pushed it 1" closer to the front boot. Ya that's a lot but wanted to feel the differance and not just wonder if it was me that day or weather or something else causing the change. Did not like it. Could not turn the ski well at all at 35. So went half way between by moving it back 1/2". Better. But only one set so far. Still seemed to make me narrow and I seemed to ride the tail more not engaging the tip rocker in the turn adiquatly enough. So, my questions is; should I have just moved the back boot closer as i did or should I have moved BOTH equally together or like that to some degree.