February Ski Ride Roll Call

Horton

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_
72 yest, all but 4 on the green. And in the weirdest fog second set. I've never skied in something like that before. It hung about a half a foot off the water to about 3 feet in the air. Could not see more then one buoy ahead but my head was above it. Drop at the end and the course disappeared but sky and tree line even the bimini top were clear. My brain wants 72 today but my body is not sure yet. Full day of dock rebuild may just do it in.

• Baller

70 buoys, all yellow 2/1/14. January a bad weather month here.

2014 Log

Started back slaloming with a posterior splint 7 weeks s/p Achilles repair, now 6 months out and skiing without splint x 1 month.

The calf weakness (front) is impressive re negative effect on balance and pressuring the front foot, probably 25% strength back. Was skiing better with splint, not even close to blue line yet without it.

If some of the pros like Campbell & Nowlan have gone through this it is clear to see a year or more before getting everything back to 100%+

However being behind a handle beats being behind the wheel…

• Baller

@Texas6, yeah... I should have skied yesterday despite the wind. Worried".. That might end up being our warmest day for Feb.

The bummer in TX is that when it is that warm in the winter, it is usually due to a strong south wind.

• Baller

I skied yesterday and today down at Lucky Lowe's outside of Orlando. I don't recall the baller index but yesterday air was in the upper 60s and water I would say was in the upper 50s. I skied in a full 3/2 wetsuit. Today air was in the mid 80s and water was about the same and I skied with just a vest. Water was a little cold when I first jumped in.

I was a bit of a mess yesterday and much better today. I had forgotten that I only skied about 10 sets on the Reflex last year and it felt a little funky to me yesterday and better today.

Skiing with Lucky was great. Lucky was super accommodating to our schedule which was changing. He helped my son out with some thoughts on how to adjust to skiing 36 mph as he is first year in Boys 3. I would definitely go back and ski more with Lucky.

• Baller_

McCormick s over the weekend, Water mid 60's, Air mid 80's. Skied with Michael and Dr. Morgan. Coach Michael's coaching tip for me! "Jody it's only 28 off! Not 39!"

Lot's of Radar's on the dock, Vapor's and Strada's!

Moomba skiers starting to show up to train before the big event Down under.

• Baller
We will be in Florida next week, staying in Venice. Hoping to run up to McCormick's at least once and will probably also get up to Orlando at least once too. Might hit up Brook's new place and might have to see how LaPoint's new lake is working out after breaking it in last year!

• Baller_
First set of the year yesterday. It was so much fun, I decided I throw in the hardest fall I've had in a couple years. Advil doesn't even come close to taking the edge off that one. A real tomahawk type crash: facetoes, facetoes, facetoes. My life jacket ended up over my head. Thought I was being water boarded and immediately gave up every bit of sensitive information I possess.

Lpskier

• Baller_
February is the only month in which I have never skied. All of the other months, except for January, were in Michigan. From March 14, 2012 through January 28, 2013, I skied in each of the months. I think I need to plan a February trip to somewhere warm just to get that remaining month checked off. I don't think I can do it this year, though.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

First set of the year! AirTemp mid 80s Water Temp 60

3 sets (18 Passes) yesterday on the yellow loop. tried two sets on my old and MPD and one set on my S2. I've decided that Horton is correct about new technology! I'll definitely be riding the S2! Thank God for my Powervest cuz I'm not feeling too bad today!

• Baller_

Back down at McCormicks skied yesterday, water was about 68 degrees, Air 75. No rubber and still love my Strada!

This week in the panhandle air temps in the lower 70's.

Pickos going full tilt with the Japanese ski team here for the month.

Lake 38 in Tallahassee just splashed their new 200 Nautique and had a full ski day yesterday.

Looks to be an outstanding start to the 2014 ski season here in North Florida!