IPAD and Trakker

thager

• Baller

I used an IPAD last summer to record and analyze some runs. Found that it was easy and the subject could be enlarged on the spot with stop/start. Only problem was you needed a third person to do the vid which is not always possible. Anyway, after 2 years my missing Trakker showed up which got me thinking. How do I convert the Trakker for use? Answer was on Evil Pay for about $40.00

The Grafiti Nootle IPAD Tripod Mount and Nootle Pro Panhead fit the bid perfectly with no modification required.

• Baller

No, not really. No bigger than my head ,and I use a shock tube. I will have it on a lanyard. It might get pulled off the mount but not out of the boat. Also the screen faces away from the skier so am not worried about a shatter event. Besides, this is an IPAD II and I am due for a new one anyway!

: )

• Baller_

My home built is on this thread with a sample video.

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/108136

Shakes no worse but no better then all the others. But it is lower. I like what you've done. That's cool.!! No way to get rid of the shake. From what I've seen the Wakeye seems to have the least but still has it. Doesn't matter though. Load the CoachMyVideo app to the IPad and you will never watch it in full speed anyway. Slowmo=unseen shaking. Can zoom way in using the app. Draw straight lines, boxes, circles and free hand. Do split screen analysis. You'll start feeling like John Madden. Very good app. PS. The app I used in the video clip is not CoachMyVidio and no where near as good.

• Baller
@MS What do you expect for a guest bed? Zebras or Kitties? @OB What ever! Can't be any worse than ADHD camera guy. Squirrel!!!! @Texas6 I have a closed bow 196 so no worries there. The two are sold together for $40 but yes 1X and 1X. @Wish Good idea. Thx!!

• Baller_
No moving parts for jarring to cause any damage. Google LifeProof case and watch some videos of what guys do to IPhones, iPads and the like. Slack rope slap isn't even a thought after seeing that. All the case does is waterproof it and protect the glass. It's getting the crap jared out of it.