Irvine California Ski Lakes

jcross

• Administrators

My wife works in agriculture. she says farmers in some parts on the state are for sure in trouble. Here in Bakersfield we do not have an issue that I am aware of.

We are worried about the state disallowing private lakes for recreation so many of the lakes do some fish farming.

If you want to see how wacky our government is Google "delta smelt". That is the tiny fish that is F'ing California's water system.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
The Irvine area has plenty of great places to live but none of them are on ski lakes. Canyon Lake is a great community an hour away but drive time commutes into Irvine will be substantially longer. The Quarry in Corona is 30 minutes from Irvine, opposite traffic, and generally has great conditions until 2pm. Less than a dozen members, all are very active in the summer and about half are active year round ( I skied 4 times this week and am heading out again this morning ). Weekends are actually the lightly used days. I'd be happy to host you @jcross when you come out to visit. You can PM me here or text/call my mobile at 714, three three zero, thirty-five hundred.

@baja thanks so much for the information and the invite. In early stages now just trying to see what's out there. When you say conditions good until 2pm are you saying wind low lake out int the afternoon and evening. Are you a member at The Quarry? Any suggestions on neighborhoods in the Corona area. Thanks again you have been very helpful!

• Baller
@jcross , yes I'm a member at the Quarry. The wind comes up in the afternoon in the summer. I ski 3 or 4 days a week, rarely on weekends, never have skied past 2:30. You don't want to live in Corona if you will be working in Irvine. Traffic for morning commutes are horrible coming into Orange County and are reversed in the afternoons. You could live in Yorba Linda and have an decent commute to work and 20 minutes to Quarry in morning. Look at an online map to get the layout. Switch to satellite view The Quarry is very near the intersection of the 91 freeway and the 15 freeway. The go to www.sigalert.com for real time traffic. Select traffic for Orange County. Look at it in mornings and evenings on weekdays and you'll get educated on where you don't want to live.

• Administrators
@Texas6 That whole deal is an example of how totally screwed the US Government is. I try not to allow anyone to talk politics on this site but that deal is beyond astounding.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

IMO

In Nor-Cal the snow pack on Friday was 12% of normal. Three years of below average rain/snow fall, will be very costly this summer. Agriculture is sure to suffer. Unless we get hammered with rain and snow the next couple of months.

Its not the smelt thats screwing up the water wars in the delta. It's pure greed and has been for 40 years.

Horton Thanks for the awesome site.