Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Mastercraft NXS budget line of boats?

swc5150

• Baller
Does anyone have the scoop on MC's upcoming line-up of budget-friendly boats (NXS or something like that)? Will it just be a wake line, or will they also utilize the previous PS hull, like they did the Sportstar? Supposedly retails start between $45 & $50k, so that sounds like a slalom boat to me?

• Baller

The picture on Malibu crew looks like a 20ft V-drive. Tower looks very similar to the Roswell towers than Moomba uses. Guess I'll see it tomorrow since the picture appears to be in the Mpls convention center

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/MasonCOH/1537845_10151873381736752_1432063299_o-1_zps0e56a98a.jpg

MASTERCRAFT UNVEILS NXT AT THE MINNEAPOLIS BOAT SHOW

MasterCraft Boat Company announced it has unveiled its first entry-level boat series, called the MasterCraft NXT, at the Minneapolis Boat Show on January 30th. The NXT, an all-new 20-foot MasterCraft hull, is designed and built in the same factory as our legendary line of premium towboats. However, the NXT is unique in its design, will have all new features including a new tower and it will be available with colors that no other MasterCraft series boat will offer.

The MasterCraft NXT is for the customer who has always wanted a MasterCraft but felt it was just out of reach. With the introduction of MasterCraft’s entry-level line of boats, there's no reason to settle for a second-class ride. And those who are frustrated with the limited possibilities with their I/O boat, take heart. The NXT is the perfect introduction to a variety of action, including wakesurf. An NXT, with standard equipment, starts at a little south of $50,000. With good credit, a sample payment is approximately less than $400 a month which makes the NXT the most accessible MasterCraft ever.

The NXT launches in Summer 2014. We expect demand to be high. To receive updates and exclusive content, sign up at mastercraft.com/NXTupdates

• Baller_

"The MasterCraft NXT is for the customer who has always wanted a MasterCraft but felt it was just out of reach. With the introduction of MasterCraft’s entry-level line of boats, there's no reason to settle for a second-class ride."

So why not take that same approach for a 3 event tug boat?

• Baller

Nice looking boat in person. Picture makes the tower look white, but it is silver/chrome. The prostar is even nicer in person that all the pictures and the base price they had listed was cheaper than I've seen quoted.

http://oldjeep.com/images/2014BoatShow/WP_20140131_005.jpg

• Baller
...An NXT, with standard equipment, starts at a little south of $50,000. With good credit, a sample payment is approximately less than $400 a month which makes the NXT the most accessible MasterCraft ever.

$50K at lets say 8% interest, payments of $400/month = 22.47 years to payoff. That's not a boat payment, it's a freaking mortgage. Accessible?

• Baller

I don't really have any details other than that. There were 2 prices on the sheet that was by the boat, the 53K base and then the price as it sat on the floor (trailer, ski racks, bow cover and some other options) I don't remember exactly what that price was. I'd assume that a single axle trailer is a 3-4K option though.

Maybe someone who is going to be at the show today can take a look at it. I think this is the boat at the show, although the show boat had the back seats.

http://www.midwestmastercraft.com/2014-MasterCraft-ProStar-p/mastercraft_prostar.htm

• Baller

My comments weren't directed at you @oldjeep, boat pricing is what it is and for those who can afford to buy ANY boat (or vehicle for that matter) new, that's great. My sarcasm was aimed at the advertising language used to attempt to convince the buying public that a $50+K boat is "accessible" to the average working stiff. If it were there would be a new boat sitting in my garage as we speak.

I just always find it interesting and amusing some of the language advertisers use to lure buyers in. Like buying a car - car salesman always asks first "What do you want the monthly payments to be?" Unsuspecting chump ends up with an "affordable" car payment not realizing how much they actually paid total for the car, how many payments, and how much they're paying out in interest. I know a lot of people do it but I'm damned if I know how they make it work.

• Baller

@ed_obermeier just let the CC200, the Txi, and the Prostar depreciate a bit and then get in the game at something you can afford in the used market...that's my plan, anyway. Need a car for my soon to be 16 y.o. son next year by which time hope to have the wife's truck paid off. Perhaps the year after that I can do something on one of these three models. Or something like this which seems a nice deal:

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41727

• Baller
@Ed_Obermeir yes, like anything you can finance the heck out of it. I guess when I saw the numbers I was assuming a responsible (ish) 10% + down. Even with that you'll be upside down for years. Considering I just spent over what the budget MC boat costs on a 2 year old Malibu, the 50K seems like a pretty decent entry point for a new v-drive.

• Baller
The difference with Axis is that it is branded under a different name than Malibu. I think this brand, along with the lower price point, allows Axis to differentiate themselves in the market and not look like they are trying to chase that entry level buyer. I think this new Mastercraft line makes them look more desperate and skewing cheap to gain that market share. And cheap is really a relative term, at $50K, versus the flagship line of boats.

• Baller

@skibug - I agree, with a caveat. The big danger that they have is that someone looks at the fairly beautiful NXT and compares it to the god awful ugly X-series and decides to buy the cheaper boat because of that.

I'm sure I'll get some dislikes for this, but at the boat show all I thought when I looked at the MC wake towers was - who the heck designed this huge ugly erector set looking tower. I mean jeeze, it looks like it has an old jeep shock on it.

• Baller

Tower on the NXT looks pretty run of the mill, if it is not an off the shelf Roswell tower then it is awful close. Aside from looking like it is mounted a bit far back on the boat, it doesn't distract from the nice lines of the boat. The X-series towers look like someone was trying to build a boat based transformer robot ;)

Can you get an X-2 for 60K?

• Baller
I always buy used cars, and have typically bought used boats. This one just grabbed me by my wallet and said "buy me"! Can finance for under 4%. What @6balls is saying is that he'll just wait until I have 800 hours or so on my new PS and then try to sweet talk me out of it!

• Baller
@razorskier1 after the kids graduate I'm moving into your basement and running a consulting b'ness from your home office. Don't worry, I'll keep the boat polished up, keep the gas cans full, do some laundry/dishes and the like....I'll be like a pool boy only without the, er, favors.