Help New Ski

34mph

• Baller

1.I'm looking to buy a used ski this year, Prob a 2013. Looking at either a 2013 strada or 2013 Prophecy. I have a 2010 strada now . Should I stick with Strada , or is there not much diff in 2010 to 2013? I find some great reviews from you guys about the Prophecy, just makes me think it would be good. I know every one has a diff in opinion just getting an idea because wont have a option to demo because only have a budget for used.

2. I have only skied on a 67 " should i stick with this ? or go to a 66" 180# 5 '9" ski 34 mph 22 - 28 for now lol.

3. If I find the right deal I would love to spring for a Vapor or Mapple 6.0 , thoughts compared to the others

sorry for all the ? just alot going on in my head lol

• Administrators

@34mph 2013 Strada is same as 2010 but a new one will feel better if you have skied a lot on the old one.

Basically you are asking what is the best ski. That is like what is the best car or hottest Victoria Secret model. There is no answer.

What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses are in your current skiing?

As an example if wanted to go D3 and you are very still on the ski and keep your weight neutral the Fusion is awesome. Fast and bitch'n On the other hand if you move around a lot the Fusion will kill you and you want a Quest. The Quest is just easy to ski good on and run a lot of balls.

If you move around a lot at the ball you may find the Prophecy a challenge but if all of you movements are muted that ski is a lot of fun. The current gen of Prophecy gets wide pretty darn easy and the off side is magic if you can dial it in.

The Vapor is a freak'n rocket-ship and it works for a wide variety of skiers but it really wants you to get on your front foot coming into your off side. The on eside is silly awesome. If you tend to screw up your handle control this ski is a magic gift. It gets you wide no matter how bad you screws it up.

Since you are on a budget but maybe really want a new ski the HO CX SuperLite or a Radar Vapor "Graphite" or "Alloy"are both less expensive skis that kick ass.

and so on...... there is not one answer. Sorry

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
ok so it sounds like the vapor is the ski i need. I feel that my off side is just not at pair. I feel that my handle control and my to loaded on side wake crossing is to loaded causing to much speed into off side causing slack and not a good angle out of off side. Reading Chris's last post I need to work on this .

• Administrators

@34mph there is no right answer. The best thing you can do is try some skis. If you get something on Ski-It-Again for $800 and you do not like it should be able to resell it.

On another note. If your 2010 Strada is not thrashed you might do better sending $800 on some coaching. That will help your skiing a lot more than any new ski. (but get a new ski too)

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
FWIW, I tried Prophecy, Quest, and '14 HO A3. I skied up to my current season PB on all three skis. I ended up on the A3. If you are serious about trying something, D3's ride before you buy program is great. You basically buy the ski, but they will refund minus a rental fee if you choose not to keep it during the trail period. During the demo, they want you to email/call and discuss how things go and get fin setting tweaks all along. They want you to get ti dialed in quickly so that you get a valid trial. Anyway, good program. Ultimately, the Quest wasn't the perfect match for me at this time, but it is a great ski. Heck, so are the other ones mentioned. I agree with John's assessments of the typical characteristics of those skis he mentioned. I like my A3 because it is allowing me to be better stacked and build consistency in my offside cast out and turn.

• Baller
As others have said, some skis accentuate strengths and weaknesses of the skier. I demoed Radar, HO, and D3 before settling on GOODE. They have a program where you try, and the only thing your into it for is the shipping. All their products are 30 day money back guarantee. So that is a pretty low cost way to demo those.

• Baller

@34mph

I'm partial to the @Connelly_Skis_Inc Prophecy it is a great stick.

I jumped on it and went up a full pass this past season. The offside is automatic and the onside is just as fluid. I am not the stillest on my ski but the Prophecy has a way of ignoring my little faults and keeps on carving.

• Baller
Vapor. Save your pennies and ride the Strada till you can get one in the right size. Transition from Strada to Vapor would be very easy. Vapor lets you do really stupid stuff and somehow still gets you wide and arcing above the ball. IMHO much higher performing than the Strada while also being more forgiving.