Older Perfect Pass "Practice Mode" question

andjules

• Baller

I've got a new-to-me 2000 Sunsetter LXi with a wakeboard pro perfect pass, and one of those hybrid gauges where the top half of the gauge is a classic tachometer and the bottom half is the perfect pass, one-line display.

Here's the question: is there any way to get into "practice mode" where I can set "odd" speeds like 31 or 33 mph? Nothing in the manual, but I swear I used to ski with a guy who had PP classic and was able to do this.

• Baller
Digital pro is based off your baseline rpm setting and doesn't know actual speed. Easiest way to adjust to "odd" speeds is to adjust skier weight and or wind up or down. Setting would still be 32mph but by increasing skier weight way up can result in 33mph. You can also run 33 mph in trick mode off paddle wheel but pull will be very different.

• Baller
Ok, I had a look and it looks like we've got digital pro already unlocked and it's 6.5 (sheesh! if @bigtallweed and @GOOODEskier are correct, I've got the only version CAN'T do 1mph increments?). Thanks everyone. I guess I'm going to start learning to play with weight, etc.

For @andjules- W/ PP Classic 100 rpms is pretty close to 1 mph. Adjust from there. For @ozski- my ski buddies use Kx "-" and Px "20-40" for a 'simulation' of ZO on classic PP, (with a working switch of course.) (You want a lot of throttle at the wrong time to cure bad habits and learn to ski ZO efficiently...) If the boat engine is making noise like a jump pass you are just about there... :-)

• Baller

@Dusty not sure I agree on the "fighting the boat syndrome" and you have it dialed in to ZO specs as you described above. I don't feel that way when I ski ZO anyways. Really there are 2 good options:

1. Buy a new enough boat to have Zero Off standard

2. Upgrade and install Star Gazer with the ZBox option

I chose #2 and have it dialed in to feel as close as you can get. I honestly think, if you skied both mine and a ZO boat in the same hull, you couldn't tell which one you were skiing and would round the same number of buoys. (Except I don't think the ABC123+ lines up exactly the same......you have to reassess what your ZO number will be on the SG Zbox platform to make it coincide)

Although, the question above was how to get 1 MPH increments. The cheapest way will be the RPM adjust of 100 RPM's per MPH up/down. The true answer lies in your budget.......

@Goodeskier- Only skied behind one SG w/ ZBox- didn't feel exactly the same as ZO but was doable. Ddidn't mean to imply "fighting the boat" was the way to go- but I have found that the best route to any success with ZO for me was to recognize that I needed to 'fool' ZO into giving me throttle where I wanted it- in the 'work zone' behind the boat- and avoid the throttle-up where I didn't. A coach called it "skiing smart"- but those two words together don't really describe my skiing at all :-)