If you had to change skis & you had to change brands but not to a big US brand (re-poll)

Horton

• Administrators

If you could choose any ski listed below but not the brand you have now. You only get one choice and there is no demo program. Cost should not be a factor

I apologize if I forgot some obvious other manufacturer.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
Really I want to try all of the ones I have not skied on. Need a Warp, MC, MR, Caldwell and Reflex. I plan to test at least one of these in 2014. Wish I could do them all.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
Really I want to try all of the ones I have not skied on. Need a Warp, MC, MR, Caldwell and Reflex. I plan to test at least one of these in 2014. Wish I could do them all.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@brewski the Caldwell does not have any marketing yet. Still under the radar.

Do you seriously care what the ski looks like?

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@brewski the Caldwell does not have any marketing yet. Still under the radar.

Do you seriously care what the ski looks like?

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I have built them with and with out carbon exposed. Many, myself included, do not care much to see carbon fiber. After working with it every day for years it becomes boring. The favorite look was when we did a micro thin paper back north american cherry veneer on top with a laser burnt in logo...Old School.

• Baller

I have built them with and with out carbon exposed. Many, myself included, do not care much to see carbon fiber. After working with it every day for years it becomes boring. The favorite look was when we did a micro thin paper back north american cherry veneer on top with a laser burnt in logo...Old School.

• Baller_

I don't give a rat's nose what a ski looks like. Give me a pink Eleeski that I can consistently run lots of buoys and I'm happy.

For those that haven't heard it before, the best ski is the one that lets you consistently get near your PB every set, not the one that you set a PB on your first set and sorta get close to it once a month.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_

I don't give a rat's nose what a ski looks like. Give me a pink Eleeski that I can consistently run lots of buoys and I'm happy.

For those that haven't heard it before, the best ski is the one that lets you consistently get near your PB every set, not the one that you set a PB on your first set and sorta get close to it once a month.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_

I disagree. Looks count for a lot. Cosmetics sells skis to the typical consumer. I have to think that cosmetics are reasonably cheap and easy compared to the rest of the ski.

I saw Adam ski several times this fall. His ski is very symmetrical. The tip is in the same place every turn on both sides, with the same amount of the ski in the water every time. And you can turn the bejesus out of it. I haven't tried one, and so I have to wonder if you have to be an animal like Adam, who gives 100% effort to every turn every set, to ski it well. There really are few people that turn as hard as he does. Every turn. Every time. The ski works incredibly well for him.

For me, I am not really interested in spending a good portion of another season playing around with skis to see if I find some magic that eludes me on my current set up. I spent the first half of my season last year with two different skis trying to get them to work. One sucked and the other had moments of true brilliance, but was very inconsistent for me. I ended up back on a Prophecy, salvaging the second half of the year and having my best Nationals score ever. I would like to try a Caldwell, though, just to see what it is like.

Lpskier

• Baller_

I disagree. Looks count for a lot. Cosmetics sells skis to the typical consumer. I have to think that cosmetics are reasonably cheap and easy compared to the rest of the ski.

I saw Adam ski several times this fall. His ski is very symmetrical. The tip is in the same place every turn on both sides, with the same amount of the ski in the water every time. And you can turn the bejesus out of it. I haven't tried one, and so I have to wonder if you have to be an animal like Adam, who gives 100% effort to every turn every set, to ski it well. There really are few people that turn as hard as he does. Every turn. Every time. The ski works incredibly well for him.

For me, I am not really interested in spending a good portion of another season playing around with skis to see if I find some magic that eludes me on my current set up. I spent the first half of my season last year with two different skis trying to get them to work. One sucked and the other had moments of true brilliance, but was very inconsistent for me. I ended up back on a Prophecy, salvaging the second half of the year and having my best Nationals score ever. I would like to try a Caldwell, though, just to see what it is like.

Lpskier

• Administrators

I wonder how many readers look at the skis in the poll and wonder what the heck we are talking about. At least in the US all of these skis are pretty rare. I would guess that there are more Razors in the US than the other brands. At least that is what I have seen.

I am sort of joking about the Caldwell but the other skis are for sale at least somewhere in the world.

I did not include KD because that brand is only for sale in Oz (that I am aware of). Also I have not seen a current KD. Is there any brand of high end ski that I forgot?

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

I wonder how many readers look at the skis in the poll and wonder what the heck we are talking about. At least in the US all of these skis are pretty rare. I would guess that there are more Razors in the US than the other brands. At least that is what I have seen.

I am sort of joking about the Caldwell but the other skis are for sale at least somewhere in the world.

I did not include KD because that brand is only for sale in Oz (that I am aware of). Also I have not seen a current KD. Is there any brand of high end ski that I forgot?

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@6Balls

No I got off the Razor when it got cold here. Does not seem logical to review a ski when I am skiing cold and not skiing very much. I will get back on it as soon as I am skiing more. I think I have a pretty good idea what the review will say but need more time to make sure.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
@thager so if aliens came down and took all the Razors back to their planet (Omicron Persei 8) what other ski would you want to try?

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

These results are not what I thought they would be. Pretty interesting that SansRival has the most votes.

Joking aside the two that I have not ridden and I really want to ride are the Warp and the MC.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Interesting results. I was on Sans Rival for a year and don't think I ever saw anyone else on it, in the NW or FL. Had a Fisher for 4.5 years till it gave up so latest Razor intriguing, though not the same ski. Only people I have seen on a Warp were crazy good and loved it, so $ aside would like to try.

BTW, still have the Sans 68" in great condition if anyone wants one relatively cheap.