Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

"SOAKED"

rj60

Gmorning ballers cold here in St.Cloud fl. this am 39 degrees hey was wondering if anybody has heard that the Soaked event will take place this year had a great time last year met alot of pros men and women very cool event

• Baller_
Well, for the most part they followed the previous yrs model. The one that didnt work out that well. They added a few booths and a couple other food items but their idea of "bring the kids" "festival" type event embodied someone stopping by the dollar store, buying up all the cheap plastic pails and shovels and sticking them in and around the sand volleyball court. Of course all the die hard fans were there (not the 7000 estimated). It was fun to watch (4 buoy was a bummer though). I know I know.... run your own Pro event Wish. Save it. I gave my suggestions last year and got excoriated. They still hold true though. If it doesn't come back do to lack of interest/revenue, it was do to attempting almost the same model (with a new name and location) that caused the first one to wither. Hope I'm wrong, and they change it for the better and really show Orlando good time. I still had fun.

• Baller_
agree with the 6 buoy being to far away. But, they could have thought outside the box and ran 2 side by side 4 buoy courses and run the skiers at the same time. Easy to tell who wins that way for Joe public and absolutely spectacular looking. The at night wakebording in my opinion was a bust. They were out past the slalom course poorly lit by low level lighting, driving dark colored boats wearing black trunks and dark vests. That wasn't really thought through. Way better had they run that during the daylight hours or tossed on some highly reflective garments of some kind. Some reflective tape added to the boards, handle sides, helmets, and boat all would have been an easy cheap improvement.

• Baller_
agree with the 6 buoy being to far away. But, they could have thought outside the box and ran 2 side by side 4 buoy courses and run the skiers at the same time. Easy to tell who wins that way for Joe public and absolutely spectacular looking. The at night wakebording in my opinion was a bust. They were out past the slalom course poorly lit by low level lighting, driving dark colored boats wearing black trunks and dark vests. That wasn't really thought through. Way better had they run that during the daylight hours or tossed on some highly reflective garments of some kind. Some reflective tape added to the boards, handle sides, helmets, and boat all would have been an easy cheap improvement.