whats your weird habit

skier2788

• Baller
I adjust the tension on my back strada at least 2 times while I'm in the water before my first pass. Then I will adjust it at each end quite often. I always start palms down and switch before pulling out for the gates. At the exit gates I switch back to palms down before dropping.

• Baller
I adjust the tension on my back strada at least 2 times while I'm in the water before my first pass. Then I will adjust it at each end quite often. I always start palms down and switch before pulling out for the gates. At the exit gates I switch back to palms down before dropping.

Ski must be facing the port side on the platform. If someone puts it on the platform for me and it's the wrong way, I have to turn it around. Back foot in first then front. In the water the boat has to be at a complete stop. If in boat is in gear I tell the driver I'm not ready (everyone then assumes I am "warming the wetsuit"), then 2 commands : in gear and okey dokey.

Boy am I glad I don't have to adjust all the stuff you guys adjust! The vest covers anything that might escape!!

Ski must be facing the port side on the platform. If someone puts it on the platform for me and it's the wrong way, I have to turn it around. Back foot in first then front. In the water the boat has to be at a complete stop. If in boat is in gear I tell the driver I'm not ready (everyone then assumes I am "warming the wetsuit"), then 2 commands : in gear and okey dokey.

Boy am I glad I don't have to adjust all the stuff you guys adjust! The vest covers anything that might escape!!

• Baller

I have a very specific way I tape my hands (under my gloves) with 2" porous tape from Johnson + Johnson that I get from my vet clinic. While I am native of Pittsburgh, PA, I do not speak with the western PA accent except when I say "Go ahead" in some form of what is acceptable English.

My wife has me tape her nose with the same type tape for her barefoot deepwater starts.

My oldest son (almost 7) is on the Autism spectrum and definitely benefits from the sensory input from the water. One of his sensory quirks shows up when he falls skiing/wakeboarding/etc he will hold his right hand up out of the water in a strange cupped position. We have started calling it Socko (think professional wrestling, Mankind and his "Socko").

• Baller

I have a very specific way I tape my hands (under my gloves) with 2" porous tape from Johnson + Johnson that I get from my vet clinic. While I am native of Pittsburgh, PA, I do not speak with the western PA accent except when I say "Go ahead" in some form of what is acceptable English.

My wife has me tape her nose with the same type tape for her barefoot deepwater starts.

My oldest son (almost 7) is on the Autism spectrum and definitely benefits from the sensory input from the water. One of his sensory quirks shows up when he falls skiing/wakeboarding/etc he will hold his right hand up out of the water in a strange cupped position. We have started calling it Socko (think professional wrestling, Mankind and his "Socko").

• Baller

Like to wet my feet before putting them in the bindings, left, right then left again. Comes from a stiff right knee I used to (sort of still do) have, a couple extra bends to make sure good to go.

I learned to ski in salt water so actually avoid the sip n spit.

PDP is essential, seems even if I just went as soon as I drop in it's time for a little more.

If the rope appears to have any twist I rotate the handle to take it out.

Play with my gloves at each drop, not always needed but part of the routine, feel more ready when their on just perfect.

• Baller

-Get in the water before putting my gear on (only when it's warm enough)

-Wash my hands with environmentally friendly dish soap that I bring with me everywhere.

-Once my gloves are on I NEVER touch my hair or face with my gloves.

-I dunk my ski in the water even though I use a Reflex & RTP.

-I do the usual sip and spit lake water while sitting in the water and spit a fountain of water out as I get pulled up.

-I NEVER adjust my shorts ever even on long set ups. If you have ever skied with me or @OB at our site you would know why. For the boat crews sake I keep my legs tan. @onside135 come ski with us sometime.

-I always take all the twists out of the rope.

-Even though I use a RTP I never kick in if I am headed into the course again a short lake problem. I only will do it after I fall.

I think thats all. Ok I may be a little OCD...