2014 ProStar at your Boat Show?

ToddL

• Baller
Not sure you'll have one in Austin. I don't know of any promo team members who've gotten their PS in the Austin/SA area. Also, there weren't enough production slots for dealers to order one for stock for the most part. So I'd be surprised if one was there. I believe Boat Town is the dealer there now. You might call them and ask.

• Baller
The boat in ATL was already sold before the show and the dealer arranged for it to be there then to get it back to the owner. Awesome looking boat. The team at MC @marcusbrown has done an awesome job. I can't wait to ski it next weekend.

• Baller
The largest dealers got the first production slots, as did promos. I can't imagine the 3 that midwest mc has on order are for stock as there just aren't that many production slots available to dealers. Even the biggest dealers only had 2 non promo slots available to them, I think. I'd bet they are promos routed through the dealer. 2014's production slots are half of what 13 was due to the shortened production year and the number of tooling sets MC had at the time production started.

• Baller
I was excited to see the new ProStar as well. I talked to a couple of the dealers at the booth and it almost seemed like I was more excited than they were about the new boat. I am not sure they really understand what huge changes were made. Could be the fact that I am in Toronto and most of the dealers are representing a wide range of boats and DD ski boats make up only a tiny fraction of their market. Anyway here is a shot of the boat in Toronto.

• Baller
@ShaneH, wouldn't Malibu use the 6.2 LS3 in the TXI for jump boats? I thought I remembered the TXI at the Malibu Open had the 450hp LS3 in it. Perhaps they only had it there for the open as it obviously isn't ordered often for the normal user or promo boat. There is a closed bow Response out there with the LS3....talk about fun!

• Baller
Well, there would have to be one available and at the event. Your pick of boats is from the promos that are available. Is there a 6.2 TXI available and scheduled is the question. With MC not having a 6.0, there will be more than a few 6.2 Pro Stars to pick from in the US. Not so with the Malibu.

• Baller
The TXI'S use a 6.0 Liter 405 HP for jump in the Pro and Higher level Tournaments. They are great, there is a fuel usage misconception that goes with them. Contrary to popular belief, they don't use any more fuel than a 5.7 Liter Monsoon at 34 MPH. I'll have one (a 2012 available) this fall.

• Members
I have the 5.7 Ilmor in my ps214. At 900' elevation, I am never at a lack of power even in the heavier boat. The only reasons I could think to go with the 6.2 would be 1) weight reduction, or 2) more modern engine design that has better fluid seals (less leaks) and better fuel efficiency. Since most boaters are fairly numb to fuel consumption, I can't see the 5.7 being a bad option at all, as long as it's still available, especially considering the huge premium for the 6.2L.

• Baller_
As a strong advocate of the value of lightweight or weight reduction and it's impact on the (slalom) wake, I would be very tempted to go with the aluminum 6.2 until I looked at the actual difference in weight between the 2: 72 lbs from the Illmor site. The $/# ratio certainly does not justify the additional cost from my checkbook as a standard 5.7 can easily shed that amount at a pretty low price. The other aspects do add to the value.

• Baller
My brother is checking one out at the Milwaukee boat show as I write this, he and his wife are extremely impressed. If it skis as well as it looks, I have a feeling there'll be a low hour '12 200TE for sale soon. I still have to wait a week and a half to see one...ugh!