MN guys...who's gonna pony up?

Fine409

• Baller
@Razorskier1 - I agree just based on location. hard sell to get 30+ people to want to pay $$$ to move to New Germany to live on a ditch in the middle of a corn field ;) For anyone who has actually been there, what does it smell like in the spring?

• Baller
@razorskier1 is a member, and the only standing structure is a boat house with 2 boats, 3 rail systems, and powered by a generator. Unless the twin cities and the suburbs expand west in a hurry you would be hard pressed to see people move put there any tine soon I think.

• Baller_

@jdubs you need to be on a swamp or have a submersible. Getting a permit for a submersible is almost impossible. I used to live in range of 20 or so lakes and 2 had courses but you would have to pick and choose the prime time to ski due to traffic.

I think that TLE4 in New Germany is zoned residential and sewer/power/water must be added to the project before any homes could be built. Jack may know more.

• Baller

@jdubs - 4 that I know of on public lakes within 15 miles of my house and that isn't counting the Quarry, which is private. The trick is that most of them belong to clubs and you need to know the magic handshake to get them to rise and find out that they even exist. You do compete with the other lake traffic, so they are generally early morning/evening type use.

• Baller
...they may eventually...I don't see it going as a package deal. If lots were reasonable and a guy could plant a motor home out there to use as a cabin there may be some sales. I'd love to buy a reasonable lot and put one out there, go out and hang out on some weekend days and ski a bunch of sets with naps in between!