The New Sound Idea

wakeboardhighlife

We are a couple of college students looking to improve the watersports experience. Our product will give the rider and driver wireless communication (think coaching, voice signals, or a lovely chat). The rider will also be able to listen to their music at their fingertips while being towed.

Please take our survey to provide your input and find out more!

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_entPuzdqILf0BHn

Thanks!

• Baller

Dude, get text and tweet ability and you will have something! Having my tunes blaring in my ears and shooting a tweet as I go through the gates at Nationals on my money pass would be awesome. ;)

- BTW did give you a serious reply in your survey

Thank you for the feedback and for taking the survey. We really appreciate it!

In regards to chris_logan 's comment about the headzone product- our goal is two way communication, along with audio capability. We are also going for a streamlined, more simple product that is user friendly and doesn't require special gear, or charging (we want to use solar power).

Please keep the feedback coming! Thank you

• Baller
Please take no offense to this but you are trying to develop a practical solution for an impractical problem. Do people really want to listen to music when they wake board or do they want to show off how good their stereo is?

• Baller
Small solar panels work for some simple calculators, not sure how it would be able to power a two way speaker radio unless their was a larger panel on the boat and wiring woven into the rope back to the device because the panel size small enough to fit on the device may be unable to sufficiently power it.

• Baller

@Horton guess it was a misunderstood joke. I work with quite a few Brits and the lack of sun is a constant joke. Also as @RazorRoss3 said, solar power is not viable for this application. You would need a vest covered in solar cells, solar cells are not very efficient devices (but are Eco friendly until you need to dispose of them). The angle the light impacts them also impacts the power generated. I'm in the automotive industry and anything we do solar is more for charge maintenance rather than primary power source. A good example is the Toyota Prius can have a solar panel roof for the climate system to operate while the vehicle is parked sounds cool but the actual power capability of the solar panel for that application can only run a circulation fan at low speed.

I tip my hat these guys for trying to be inventive but when the practicality of production costs and the reliability in a pretty harsh environment sets in this will not be an affordable device unless they use proven robust technology.

• Baller
in the medical field right now google owns patents and has working prototypes for a contact lens that measures blood sugar levels and sends a signal to an insulin pump worn on the body. all the electronics are embedded in the lens itself but the power to make the lens work is created externally and powers the lens by transmitting it to the lens through a kind of radio signal. this technology is necessary since theres no room in the lens for a battery. in the same way a very light weight head set could use blue tooth technology to pair with a larger unit inside the vest and extra battery units can be charging in the boat since its charging system produces plenty of extra waste power from its electrical system. so forget solar power you have plenty of free power in the boat when ever its engine is running.