The new tow rig

oldjeep

• Baller

Just finished up a deal for a 2012 Malibu VTX with the diamond hull and 85 hours. Came from a non profit ministry that takes kids out skiing and wakeboarding. They turn over the boats every year or 2 and it is in perfect shape. Worked out good that it comes with heated storage until spring. Now I just have to get through the other ski season before I can use it.

http://oldjeep.com/images/Malibu/WP_20140109_004.jpg

• Baller

One of the main users of the boat was a skier and she claimed that she couldn't tell much difference between it and an LXI that she had before. Supposedly the wake really smooths out at 32MPH.

You're not the first to think of removing the wakesetter decals. Mostly because stuff like that is a pain to wax around.

• Baller

We were going to trade our LXI in on one but life took a turn and we ended up with a waterfront house instead. They ski really well for a V-drive, not as good as an LXI or TXI but the wake will not slow a recreational slalom skier down as long as you ski above 32MPH.

I test skied one at 34 MPH from 15 off down to 28 or maybe 32, it's been a while so I can't remember. The ski wake is wide but really soft and the transitions to/from the table are really gradual. There was a bit more dip in the wake at 28 off but it didn't throw me off balance.

Great purchase you will like it. The pull is soft and enjoyable. Also hate to admit it, they have a good surf wake with the factory ballast but we reserve that activity for lakes that we won't hurt the shoreline or other boats.