HO Apex vs Strada bindings

OKSkier

• Baller

Exo to apex or strada will be a change. Going from a hardshells type system to a softer hybrid system will give you less lateral control, and potentially a less reliable release although I don't know the releasing characteristics of the Exo.

That's as much advice I can give you :)

If you want to try it is say go for it but of course be aware of the changes that will go on.

• Baller
Strada boots are super comfortable, have much better control that a soft boot - but not to the extent of a hardshell. As far as release, they will release fine as long as you determine the point to which that you can tighten them and still feel comfortable about ease of release (similar to Mapple's dock test method). I loved mine until I wore them completely out and switched to a reflex.

• Administrators
@OKSkier they were comfortable. I did not give them a lot of rides because I was trying to get through review skis. I also avoid directly comparing products.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@KcSwerver and I still disagree. Bungie never releases is when it shouldn't. with Mechanical release you have to have it just right.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I too have the same concerns. I've used Strata, but got a new pair of Apex. Apex is very stiff and if tightened, actually hurt my rear ankle. I'm thinking of going back to Strata when possible. Any advice would be possible.

George A. Amonette

78 Water Oak Ln.

Jacksons Gap, Alabama

• Baller

Vapor/Strada over the Apex, any day. For me, the insoles of the Apex boots came out, bunched up, all around a total pain. My experience is nothing but positive with the Vapor boots. I couldn't stand the Apex.

I loved the EXO boots, and have been extremely happy with Reflex front R-Style rear for more than a year, with no plans of looking elsewhere.

The only complaint my ski partner in Vapor boots has is his liner longevity. He showed me his yesterday evening and where the tongue connects is pretty trashed with about 6 months of solid use.

• Baller
@aupatking I am skiing on a Strada binding that is several years old and is fine. One of the differences I think is that I don't pull the liner out when I am done. I pull my foot out of the liner and leave the liner in the boot.

• Baller

@KcSwerver I'm with @Horton. Despite a few comments on this board, the rs-1/stradas/vapors are very fault tolerant. You really have to overtighten them to get yourself hurt.

Can't speak from first-hand experience, but it seems like hardshell people spend more time tweaking.

• Baller
I'm with @Chef23 and @Horton - I made the change from Reflex to Vapor. I wore out liners with Reflex. I am sure that was contributed to by taking my foot out of the front shell with the binding still on my foot. I was also anxious that I would not get the tension of the bungee right and would either be stuck or 'pre-release'. Neither has proved to be the case. Whilst we all have different preferences, I have been delighted with my Vapor. I too loosen the bungee when I finish and slide my foot out leaving the liner in the shell.