Roof Over Ski Lake?

Sethro

• Baller_
@MISkier There is a site like that just north of West Palm Beach. Cannot remember the name but I know it starts with "P". 4 lakes making a square and one in the center but no canals connecting them. Thinking the original intent was not ski lakes as a couple may not even be big enough. Couple houses on from what I can see. 27° 8'6.38"N 80°18'47.27"W

I have thought about this before and what might be more cost effective. My thought is to excavate a lake and use all of the fill to build a high berm on one side and a short berm on the other side. Then use cables with one end anchored at the top of each berm to go across the lake and spaced as needed. This would make a "lean to" type frame and then cover it with fabric. It might be less expensive than a steel framed structure.

• Baller
As @crashman mentioned earlier I too am entrigued of the idea of moving the water and keeping the skier stationary. This would require less water area so it could fit in arenas, stadiums or the parking lot at the boat show. Drop the hull of the sponsoring ski boat in front of the skier to make the wake and likewise for wake boarding. Maybe even some new events could be created like water skier cross. What happens after the skier let's go would also be entertaining.