Achilles' tendon injury

jmh

Just curious....if you were an avid slalom skier, had suffered a complete Achilles transection a year ago ( unrelated to slalom skiing ), and were now looking for the binding system least likely to re injure the Achilles' tendon repair, which system, and why, would you consider?

Gatormodded stealths. Stiff tongue with the gator mod gives you two layers of protection. Second choice is dualolk plate with gatormod and powershells.

The number of gatormod users doubled this year and includes the surgeon who fixed my torn Achilles and dislocated perineal tendon.

• Baller

@jmh I'm on that unfortunate list. I only considered two systems, the Radar Stradas and the Reflex front with R style rear. I went with the Stradas and I really like them. I run the laces loose enough that I can easily pull my feet out when I am done skiing.

Since it was my front foot I popped the tendon on, I do think that the Reflex might be a little better in that the front foot could easily release on it's own, the rear foot coming out as well because of easy release of the R style.

Since I was transitioning from rubber boots, I felt the Strada boots would be an easy transition, and they were, very easy.

I may still try Reflex down the road.

After achilles injury I went from powershell that injured me to a Reflex. The Reflex strap will protect your achilles and will release before you even get close to putting a strain on the tendon. I run my Reflex setting at 4.5. Weight 180lbs

• Baller
@BMG73 it is an additional release mechanism that @gator1 designed to help protect the achillies that was designed to work with boots that are on a single plate with one release mechanism like the Stealths or probably the FM system.