Sacrilege!

A_B

• Baller
I drive by an outdoor storage lot frequently where sits a pretty good looking later 70's/earlier 80's MC 190 Stars 'n Stripes. No cover, sits there all summer, still sitting there now full of snow like your CC above. I need to get a pic of it. As the saying goes, can't fix stupid.

• Baller
I understand the mentality of wanting to keep something you like but at some point you have to realize that you don't have time to use it which means you also don't have time to take care of it which ultimately means you don't have time to fix it after you've let it rot... Time to cut your losses and sell it.

I have my dads 1968 CC mustang in my shed, with the 351 Cleveland I put in it, them took back out then put reverse cam and crank in then put back in, all so she'd hold 36 back in 1974.

Start it once a year, rewinterize it, and put it back in the shed. Why do I do this?

• Baller
@horton Someone with lots of money, a place to work on it, a place to store it afterward, not care that the money put into it will be several times more than the value of the boat afterward and did I say lots of money? Oh yeah, and the person needs to have lots of money (did I say that already)?

• Baller_
@Inboardfix is correct. Odds are it will grow weeds in it before anyone touches it. Our family boat was restored several years back by my father (I helped a little). The 1963 Glastron (purchased new) was brought to FL 10yrs ago from it's life in MN on the lake I grew up on. Sold here (FL) in a retirement community to an elderly guy for very little so the folks could buy a pontoon boat. Fast forward several yrs and my dad gets a call from the community saying please remove the boat that is registered to you and is in our storage area. Turns out the gentlemen passed, never registered it and his family wanted nothing to do with it. So my dad retrieved it. Spent the next 2 yrs restoring it as it had sat in the FL sun/rain for 2 yrs with no cover. For my dad, the cost of restoration, a lot. Cost in time and effort, a lot. Being able to bring back memories and show it at an antique boat show and share those memories with the crowds.....PRICELESS. 3a97d509e128b823e4dcee611464e4.jpg1602908198c295a690c1b8e47ef8ff.png

• Baller

I had 65 16 foot CC Mustang, wakes for slalom were pretty decent. I had 302 Commander engine, boat would hold 36mph slalom easily. I added center pylon, homemade tracking fins, completely rewired it. Friend made a dash pod for 2 Airguides out of black plexiglass.

Boat was just so small -- sold it and got 81 Powerslot.