Cold water skiing => Fix your fundamentals before you get out the wrenches

Horton

• Administrators

So I took about 3 months off skiing. Other stuff in life was taking all my time.

First ride back I went out one line length longer than usual. I felt like crap the whole ride. Second ride back I ran passes at one length longer and my normal starting length. Still felt like crap. I could not arc back in from my off side and I felt like I was in a awkward position across the wakes. This is at line lengths that are easy for me in summer.

At this point I was thinking maybe I need to move my bindings. I had changed skis and maybe I mounted this one up wrong. Maybe the cold water means I needed to change a setting.

Third ride back. I focused on fundamental ski basics and everything was back to normal. In my case it was only a matter of squeezing the handle off the second wake to maintain a better connection longer. (for you it may be something totally different)

The point is: when it is cold or you have not been on the water for a while fix your fundamentals before you get out the wrenches.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

What happens when all we have is cold water........... Columbia River never gets above 60 ish even in the heat of the summer..........

Want to try something interesting? Ski on a private lake that is 80 ish and then take a set on the Columbia River all in the same day. Makes it feel like the first set of the year all over again!