The New MasterCraft ProStar, Brooks Wilson and The Boarding School!

brooks

• Baller
I just signed with MasterCraft and I couldn't be more stoked about it! Along with that, I am now coaching at The Boarding School. For those of you not familiar with that name, The Boarding School is located on the lakes previously known as SkiTek. This little piece of paradise is located in East Orlando and is the best setup you could possibly imagine. There are two slalom lakes, one North/South and one East/West. They are located on 88 acres of private land and are highly protected by trees. You are guaranteed incredible conditions no matter the weather. The consistency and conditions are truly unbelievable. This paired with the all new MasterCraft ProStar is any swervers dream come true. I'll be out there coaching everyday. So come on down, ski the new ProStar, demo a new Vapor, and ski with me. I promise you'll have a good time! To book lessons, you can email me, brooks@thewilsonbros.com, or contact us through the website, www.theboardingschool.com. We will be updating the website in January with tons of new ski pics, videos, and information. Also, check us out on Instagram (@theboardingschool) and facebook (The Boarding School) for pics sure to make you drool.

• Baller
Yeah man! Thats great news, looks like a great setup for different wind directions. The new MC is a great addition. Now I really cant wait to ski with you this spring, its going to be a long winter. If you havent skied with Brooks, you definitley should. Brooks is top notch. The guy is really good at what he does and makes it a great day on the lake.

• Baller_
I've very recently met Brooks as he visited my lake. I received great coaching. Spot on actually. He also coached my buddy with immediate success. I've skied the boarding school site when it was in it's infant stage a decade or so ago and as recently as last yr. It has come a looooong way and is an amazing well protected site to say the least. Add in the new MasterCraft and you would be silly not to give it a try if you live in or visiting Central Florida. This is good news for the sport.

• Baller
Thanks for the support everyone, I am excited for all of you to come down. I hope you will feel at home here and it can be the ultimate Baller swerve spot. I encourage anyone thinking about it to make the trip down. It's really the best ski lake I can imagine and I would love to help you with your skiing. if you have any questions about the lakes, set-up, boat, anything really just shoot me an email or post on here and I will get back to you. Lets swerve!

Hey wat up Brooks i met you out at Wades when the jersey boys were down and you skied around the tree that was awesome bro. congrats on signing with MC and coaching at The Boarding school wat a great gig. I saw the black Prostar out there that day OMG wat a boat i wish you the best of luck in your new adventure, i'm sure i be there to check it out. BTW i was the one who new wat the little whistles were on your car. c-ya dude

• Baller

I was able to get up to the boarding school this week for a couple of lessons with @brooks while on vacation near Orlando. As a new skier (1.5 yrs on a ski) who has never run more than 2 buoys, I was looking to get some coaching on fundamentals with the long term goal of getting into the course.

I set up lessons with Brooks over email a few weeks prior after seeing this post here, he was very responsive and made things very easy. I met Brooks on Monday at the boarding school along with Travis Moye, who was my driver for that day (Brooks drove plus coached the second day). Their site is beautiful, with the two ski lakes and tree protection, we had glass or near glass conditions both days I skied even though the weather was not optimal. Brooks is a great coach, I got some really good information from him and even though I had been off my ski since October, my skiing definitely improved over just two lessons.

I skied at 28 mph for both lessons behind the beautiful '14 Prostar. I still can't get over how nice the wake is behind this boat, it was barely noticeable and very soft. This really helped me focus on what Brooks was trying to teach me as I never once thought about hitting the wake - a big change from what I am used to at 28 mph behind the boats we ski at home.

What else can I say - Great location, great boat, great coach - if you are in the Orlando area I highly recommend a visit. Needless to say, I will be going back.

• Baller

@davis_LK great having you out Dan!

We're starting to get people booked in for the year and it's something I am really excited about. Here's a quick video of K.C. and I skiing out at @theboardingschool Saturday. It was a grey morning but these lakes are the best around! Lets swerve!

• Baller

Had a great time at the Boarding School a couple weeks ago. Setting up a time to ski with Brooks was super easy to do and he was very flexible with us. With two little kids our schedule is unpredictable at best and getting these sets in was easy, which really worked out well.

The facility is easy to get to, just off the highway east of Orlando. It's tucked behind a sizable plumbing supply store so it is easy to miss unless you spot that store so keep your eyes peeled when the GPS says you're getting close. The main school building is modern and has on-site accommodations & amenities. Nice big great room with a big screen and couch. There is fast food nearby and generally you're still in civilization which is a bonus. Sometimes schools/lakes can be in the middle of nowhere which makes it tough to work with when you've got kids. I don't want to drive 20 minutes to get a chicken nugget for the hungry 2 year old. Nearby civilization is good.

There are 3 lakes, I believe 2 have slalom courses. The water was nice and clear/clean and skied nicely. I made lots of passes, including my first pass which is very rare for the first ski of the year. The lakes cover N/S and E/W directions so you'll get great water regardless of the wind. The conditions for my sets were excellent.

Since the lakes are interconnected you can ski a pass on one lake, then continue on to another pass on the next entire lake. This was a new experience for me and was SO cool. It's crazy to get 2 passes of solid glass water in a row without dropping or spinning. If you have not experienced this before, you must.

This is not my first rodeo, as we go to ski school at least once a year and I've been coached by more coaches in the sport than most people. We've been all over because this is a lifestyle sport for us and I value coaching highly. I've been to countless private sites, ponds, and lakes. Every coach and site brings something different to the table.

It has to be tough to coach somebody like me who probably does 80% of things you're supposed to do right, wrong. You don't want to give out a torrent of advice but at the same time there may be multiple things that need attention. I generally know what's wrong but I cannot get my body to take the advice in the course so telling me how to correct something or feel something is more important than just telling me what's wrong. I believe Brooks does a great job with this. I'd consider the coaching right up there with the best of them, which is something I can say from experience, again probably more experience with coaching than most skiers. The majority of the work we did focused on outbound direction and full body harmony going out to the buoy line. Getting head/shoulders/handle/hips/ski working together smoothly rather than doing everything independently. I tend to pretty much unfold from the centerline out so that's what we worked on.

Brooks also coached my wife a bit who has only made it through the course a couple times. His coaching seemed to resonate with her as well so we were both happy campers with the experience. She LOVED the MC wake at 26mph and we ski on modern ski boats all the time. I have never seen her cross the wake with such confidence, no joke.

The boat (brand new MC) and driving (Travis) were both great as well.

Anyway, if you're in the Orlando area you need to stop by and ski with Brooks. It's a legendary site that's been around a long time and kinda requires visiting. On top of that you have top notch coaching and facilities. Book it.

Here are some pics from my Flickr account— Flickr has made it pretty tough to embed them so you'll just have to hit the link flickr.com/photos/m3fan/sets/72157641613757075/ I believe the ridiculously smooth and lengthy/huge spray off the ski is attributable to the transition stuff we were working on and the flat water.

• Baller
@jhughes thanks for the kind words! It was a blast having you guys out and I look forward to skiing with you again in the future. We're having a lot of fun out at @theboardingschool and I would love for you to join us. Shoot me and email and get booked in today! It's normally pretty buttery out at the lakes!

I had a chance to ski several sets over the course of a few trips to Orlando back when Rossi and Wade Williams coached on these lakes. They are indeed some of the best skiing lakes in Florida! Will be in Orlando for work in the coming month, will get by and see you Brooks.

wow...i just spent 4 awesome days skiing with Brooks, i am a beginner in the course and they literally could not make you feel more at ease and WELCOME

I highly recommend Brooks and their great site...I will be back!