Coldest Place on Earth!

jipster43

• Baller

What do you do when you are stuck in the coldest place on earth? My daughter felt obliged to drag her poor old dad out to the slopes. The snow was so cold that she really had to struggle to get her skis to turn and the camera died shortly after this photo was taken. I've been down with the flu for three weeks now, but it was totally worth sacrificing my health to ski with my favorite ski buddy.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/jipster43/1463466_766661626682572_841796572_n_zps39bd0d5f.jpg

• Baller

I was thinking about you guys last week when the cold blast came through.

Great picture JP. I am headed to Whitefish with the family for the week of Christmas. We'll see how my 2.5 year old likes skiing, hopefully more than he likes the water at the moment. I pray it is a little warmer than the weather you guys had last week.

• Baller_

@jipster43 Your right! Coldest place on earth! NW Montana! That's why I moved away 25 odd years ago to Florida!

Played Football in Penguin Stadium! That was our football field at Bigfork HS, It overlooked Flathead lake and in late oct and Nov the wind would blow up off the lake!!!! Did I tell you all about my ski ride at McCormicks on Sat!!!! No rubber either!

• Baller

@MS that's Bridger. Big sky is usually 10* colder and more exposed, but we were all even at -15*. That's pretty balmy for a cold snap. They used to be -35*.

@Glock we're already in the mid 40's so we're praying for colder, less schyzophrenic weather, but all of our mountains have lots of snow.

@Jody_Seal Bozeman football beat Glacier for the state championship this year - second year running, and my nephew's soccer team (Livingston) came up through the losers bracket to win the state soccer championship - beating Whitefish in Whitefish, Belgrade in Belgrade, and finally Stevensville in Stevensville. The state championship game was played in 0* weather. I've pined for FL weather for years now!

Frankie closed the mountain down and then continued to play in the snow while her mother and I waited in the warm truck. She likes to say she's made of tough stuff!