Mastercraft Pricing

Brady

• Baller

So I went down to the local dealer to see the new ProStar with @Scotchipman today and I was blown away at what they are charging for the basic boat, without all the frills. The price I was quoted was 77K. My question is this: is this simply the greed of the local MasterCraft dealer in SLC or is this the going rate for this new boat? If so, I will probably not be buying one.

As far as the boat goes, it seems absolutely perfect with the exception of the storage space for towels, etc, in the rear of the boat. If it weren't for the price, that would be but a blip of an issue to deal with.

For those of you who have gotten your new boat, what price did you pay? Curious on this one, as I really really really want it!

• Baller

@brady wait a few years and you can pick up a pristine, low hours used model. Still a big $ commitment later but not so crazy. Patience and type "A's" don't mix...I understand the desire but fight yourself on this one and pick up a used one later if it's the boat you really want.

• Baller_
I wonder how much of that initial pricing is the dealer positioning those first sales to set the expectation for future sales. That is, once that first boat is sold and people start talking to each other about how much, the prices for the future sales will follow along accordingly. If everybody heard someone paid 60K instead of 70K, guess what price the subsequent buyer will expect to pay. Our best hope is that the shrewd negotiators with ample patience and cash in hand buy the first boats.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I have the 04 prostar, and if it had zero off, I would be good for ever. It is super clean with low hours, but it is a bugger to get dialed in on the stargazer mode. I want the 14 however damn it!!! Good thing I am happy with my wife of 18 years. I definitely couldn't afford the new version of her. :)