Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

1999 Malibu Sunsetter LXI for sale

gregy

• Baller
It's also reputed to be one of the best slalom-biased crossover boats ever built (most "crossover" boats definitely put wakeboarding first). With the wedge, some ballast in the ski locker and (ideally) more in the rear storage, you can get a heck of wakebaord wake out of that boat too.

• Baller
@jcamp in case it's not clear, the Sunsetter LXi that we're talking about (99-04) is different from the regular Sunsetter (non-LXi). The LXi has the "diamond hull" which makes a better slalom wake, even though it's technically a longer/bigger boat.

• Baller

@andjules they offered a Sunsetter (non LXI) with the diamond hull one year. I had one, a 2002. The running surface was the same as the LXI but you lost some rear ski locker since they truncated the hull 6 inches. It was also missing some aesthetic and comfort features but skied the same. They are rare boats since it was a special order. We did it because little did we know the Response LXI was coming when we ordered it and I couldn't fit the extra 6 inches of the Sunsetter LXI in my garage.

Regardless the Sunsetter LXI or other on the diamond hull is a great crossover. I think the response FXI was its successor. They ski nearly identical but unfortunately poor sales killed it.

• Baller

The 99-04 Sunsetter LXI really has no successor. In 2005 and 2006 it changed to the V25 hull and associated "barge" wakes. In 2009 (I think) the Response FXI came but that was basically just the 20' v-drive hull in direct drive format.

I've always wanted a closed bow 99-04 Sunsetter LXI...dream boat for me, but they never did and I'm sure never will make it.

• Baller

@thor_64

Really only a personal preference for a closed bow boat. I would like to have the hull and room associated with the SSLXI, but actually prefer a closed bow for looks/storage...and with all the cold weather skiing we do I'd prefer the closed bow. I know it comes with a walk-through "door" and I could put a canvas over the bow, but it just isn't the same.