Outback Bowl -- Iowa v. LSU

Razorskier1

• Baller

Aw c'mon, last time it was supposed to be ugly, too...but Tate to Halloway did it with under 10 seconds to go and sent LSU packing (2005).

Check the records of the 4 teams that beat Iowa this year...Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. OSU, MSU, and NIU have one loss each. WI has 3 losses and the Arizona St loss was on a blown officiating call near the end of the game that called correctly would likely have WI winning. There are 6 losses among those teams and what 45 plus wins? If there are quality losses, we've got 'em.

We Hawkeye fans are die hard...in reality, we probably get smoked but we'll see.

LSU is obviously the favorite, but I think we cover the spread and may make it interesting. Keep in mind I'm delusional.

• Baller
True, Iowa fans travel like rabid dogs and due to this Iowa is generally chosen in bowl games with competition one may consider over their heads. Having said that we are 8-4 in bowl games since '96. Same deal this year...we're un-ranked and facing LSU.

• Baller_

I would like to get in on this, where is the outback bowl played at? It will amaze me at the amount of money those fans will spend to travel just to be let down. Between Nebraska, Iowa and the cheese heads, its like taking candy from a baby.

The Packer fans actually show up and shovel the stadium for free and buy worthless shares of stock.

• Baller

@jdarwin, @razorskier1, let's say it's a deal. Jim and I wear the same t-shirt size so we will just split the spoils trading the t-shirt when we ski together. Given Jim's lack of confidence, I will cover 2/3rds of the shirt if we lose. If we win, I will wear it 2/3rds of the time :)

@MS, if we win I will buy you some Hawkeye bowl victory apparel.

• Baller_
Well, MSU certainly did the Big10 proud compared to the usual drubbing the B10 schools get at bowl time. Nice way for the coach to go from the bottom of the B10 pay scale to #3 in the country.