Finally my first ski nautique

rj60

Hello Fellow ballers, I just purchased a 2005 Ski Nautique 196 cb which was first owned by a guy named Jeff Hawkins (jumper). the boat has only 116hrs on it and is in pristine condition. was wondering if there is anything i need to know about it its my first ski boat and im very stoked to have it. Put in in the lake on sunday runs great but pulls to left, when lifted it on the cradle saw that the foil on rudder was gone was it was there at first i know rookie mistake got one ordered $50 bucks thanks for any info or help

• Baller

Nautiques are supposed to "pull" to the left. It is to remove any system slack in the steering which makes driving the boat straight through the course easier. The amount of pull is a user preference thing. The "foil" (Trim Tab) that is missing allows you to adjust how much pull is present. On a 196, I usually have the tab nearly or all the way to the right for maximum pull. On a 200, much less is needed. Other than that, change the oil every 40 or 50 hours, plugs every year (they last longer, but don't cost that much), and fuel filter(s) each year (it may have two, one in the seperator and an inline one somewhere in the trunk area). Not all years had two filters though.

If the Jeff Hawkins is the one in Gainesville, then the boat will have been well taken care of.

Congratulations!

@rj60, my 02 s/n did not have a zerk in the rudder port, some environmental approval glitch for a few of those years, I understand. The later 196's have the grease zerks, which are interchangeable from 02 through 09. I had my dealer put in the later 196 port with the factory zerk, and I am glad I did. Not sure if your 05 has it. Congratulations on your new 05 s/n. Have fun.

Hey Roger thx soo much for the info the boat was bought in Palm City and has stickers for the Okeeheelee park could have been the same guy from Gainesville i bought it from Chuck Pope who went to Okeeheelee with his twin daughters thx again bro

Wow Ozski didnt realize that. It just seemed to click between Charles and my sweetheart both are in health care so there was a common bond it just went from there it was a very long process to find the right one it really is a awesome boat thx for the post bro