Wiley Bindings - too tight

torontoboater

• Baller
I picked up a Radar Senate C towards the end of last season on the advice of many of you folks and am very happy with it. I went with Wiley bindings as I was very used to the high wrap rubber systems (I have used the Kidder Tour Wraps for 20 years) and wanted something similar. The Wiley bindings are still a little tight though. They have been used about 10 times or so. Will they loosen up any further with more use? There is a little more room on the wrap which hangs over, and therefore I thought I might insert another hole in the wrap and reinsert to loosen the wraps slightly. What are your thoughts on this, and what is the best method to do this?

I sold EP skis a long time ago. The Wiley is the old EP binding or really similar. We would soak the binding in really hot water for 15-20 minutes and put a shoe stretcher in it to give a little more room in the toes. Let them cool down and keep the stretcher in for a day. You can do this several times to get it exactly the way you want it. I have a left big toe that needs a lot of room, so I would build up a bit of duct tape on the shoe stretcher in the toe area. Then I would heat up the area with a hair dryer on low (don't melt it, it is permanent and will then crack).

Personally, I like the comfort of the new Radar boots - better control, too. But, go with what works for you.

• Baller
The excess is there for them to be adjusted for fit. I adjusted my sons binders as he grew for many years. Also be sure to trim any excess that extends beyond the edge of the ski or you will have an unintended brake that will impact performance