New Turn Island feature

rwskier

• Baller
@Horton I know there is one pretty similar near your new place at Ski West....... you too could own a beauty like that. Think of it as a lake ornament until you get enough "pee" to fill the lake up, then move it to an island............. or buy and ski that wake for old times sake!

• Baller
I was looking for a trailer for a '66 Century Resorter and the Nautique popped up on craigslist for $800. The boat didn't have a motor in it and the bottom is peppered with blisters but I thought it would make for the perfect island ornament at the far end of the lake. I can't remember the year I will have to look but 2 people have asked if it's a '77 so it may be. I was able to push the boat onto the barge with pipes underneath. Getting it on the island was uphill so it took a little more effort but wasn't too bad.

That looks like a 1978. It's EXACTLY the same as the first Correct Craft my family owned. Look really close and you can see the "date" on the decal 3rd from the back. The decal was a "Correct Craft" from 1936 - 19xx badge. Each year they bumped up the date. This one clearly isn't 1977 and looks to be 1978.

• Baller

My first SN was a '77. The air scoop is different on a '78 if I remember correctly, but I can't see it too well. The decal pointed out above should also tell what it is. The serial number stamped on the transom should also tell.

Sad to see one of that era up on the rocks. Lots of great memories as a River Rat and first boat to make a run on our borrow pit turned into a ski lake.

• Baller
Sold my airguides for $35 a piece and had a lot of interest at that price. The needles and faces were faded and the metal had a few corrosion pits but the glass was good and I polished them up. Bought a mirror and bracket similar to that for $60 I think. Might even be able to get $100+ for the pylon but you need to be careful that you don't take so much out that it looks like crap on the island.