Anyone familiar with the 1999 Moomba Outback LS?

jcamp

• Baller

Anyone ski behind it? HOw does it ski? How is it's build quality?

The only Moomba I've driven and skied behind was a mid 2000s model Outback and it was very tough to keep in the course. But maybe that was just that individual boat?

• Baller_
If you skied/drove a later model 2000 Outback and were not impressed, you won't be with the 99. Perhaps worse. Have not skied dove 205 but suspect significantly better. The best budget boat with an open bow (open bow that makes sense), killer slalom wakes is the Malabu Sportster hands down. Especially if you have kids and put them up front. It is a safer configuration with foward seating that is deeper then most others. Only draw back is carbed engine. But, so it that Outback.

• Baller_

Get a Response LX for good skiability. Get the years with the Diamond SV23 hull. I believe 1998 is the first year for that hull. 1999 is the first year with a trunk, I believe. Very, very good wake and decent drivability.

If you need more room, go with the 205 (even up to model year 2000). Just be aware of the 22 off bump in the 205 that will not be there in the Response. 28 off and beyond on the 205 will be fine. There will be less shortline spray with the 1995 and newer 205, but the wake will be slightly harder (but flat). My 205 tracked like a laser-guided freight train.

I've owned both and have a 2009 Response LX now.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
Note: when I said "less shortline spray with the 1995 and newer 205", I meant compared to the 1993-1994 205. I was not comparing shortline spray between the 205 and the Response LX. The Response LX does not have that issue that the older MasterCrafts had. MC corrected it in 1995.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.