Should I buy Zbox

bhs

• Baller
@Chef23 then I would say buy it. You won't have any issues. I did write down all my RPM settings though. then I ran 2 calibration passes for the speeds we ski. Mine is flawless and I have a very short set up in very challenging conditions, with a 2 and 4 year old in the boat throwing sippy cups at me while I ski (better than being shot with a paint gun.....)

• Baller
@DanE - I called PP in April this year and asked for the latest Z Box upgrade and PP mailed it to me, I am not sure when it first came out. The R Version is V8.0.04R. I attached the cover page from the User Information that comes with the upgrade. I am not kidding when I say this version is superior to all previous versions. @GregHind - Does version 8.0.5 include the + setting like V8.0.04R?

• Baller

@jc yes the new version still has the plus setting.

I'm testing a new function. It looks like i might need some more trial versions so I might be able to convince the programmers to include or address more features. If you have any suggestions please let me know here or pm. I've already asked them for a few new things this weekend.

@aussiemc I'm thinking it would be best to wait to see what comes in the next few weeks but if you need it now I can help with 8.0.5. Greg

• Baller
@GregHind I would like to be able to program more than one cours. we have 4 courses on our lake (large public lake) and it always seems like the one that's not saved is the one with the best conditions. Not a big deal, but it would be more conveniant. thanks.

• Baller

One button push displays all the ball timing. My version w/ ZBox allows 3 saved courses. So, instead..............

I would like it to talk to me like my car GPS. But I want to be able to program @Horton 's voice in it. It should say things like:

1. Skiing is not a violent sport

2. Gates are not optional

3. Time to hit the Kilo Kai

4. Time to buy a new ski

5. Do you really understand counter rotation?

6. What are your fin settings? Maybe time to try new bindings.

7. Does your wife know you are skiing today?

8. (When put into Trick Mode) Are you really going to waste gas doing this?

9. Try as you may, I am always going to win!

10. Today's gas price is $3.29

• Baller
I just put mine in level when the boat was sitting at the dock. Vectored mathematics for acceleration direction in the vertical and horizontal planes is way to complicated to worry about for me. KISS is my motto. Now if I could take the integration polynomial out of waiting to get back on the handle that might help my skiing.

• Baller

I did some back to back testing of 8.0.2 vs 8.0.5 on two boats on the weekend. The difference was incredible. It is still best to disengauge pp in the turns bit setup times are now really, really good. Massive difference. Also the pull felt much better from the end of the rope and the split times at each buoy were better without any tweaking. Both boats were upgraded then recalibrated in open water using capture mode. There was no need to lower the baselines to fix setup time or anything like that. Both boats were mechanical throttles. If you run 8.0.2 or less it is absolutely an awesome upgrade.

Greg