Difference in Jump Skis

Beans

• Baller
What would the difference be between a set of 91" Goodmans and 90" Connelly LS 300s? Anything other than the extra inch? I don't know a whole lot about the skis themselves and I'm looking to purchase my own pair and these are both in my price range.

• Baller_

Beans, of you are asking that question, those skis are way too big. That size is for big boys going 180+. If you are a beginner, look for something in the 76-82" range.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to help avoid injuries. Bigger skis are hard to control. Also, JMO - there is a wide range of opinions on jump ski size and others may disagree.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

@MattP into the 90's usually with a tournament PB of 86ft. The Connellys are 2008 and from the pictures don't seem to be used too much. The Goodman's are 2011 but are being sold by Daniel Efverstrom and he used them for 2 seasons so their condition might not be as good.

@RazorRoss3 how old are they and how beat up are they? That's in my price range, but I don't want them to be too destroyed. That's why I'm trying to move from my team's skis; they've been beaten up pretty badly and need to last another couple years.

• Baller
@Bruce_Butterfield I have been jumping on team 88" Connelly HC800's for the past year but I understand where you're coming from, I learned on 80" skis. And looking at the D3 size chart I'm right at the cusp of being into 90" skis

• Baller
@Beans at those distances I would say some 86-88 Goodmans would be best but any skis of your own will be better than sharing skis. I would say you need to be consistently going in the 125-150 mark to think about 90s. Sizing jump skis should be based more on distance over weight for the most part. Daniels skis might be physically in good condition but he jumps around 220 on double cuts. The interior could be pretty well used, though Goodmans are made fairly well. Lean to ride you skis well on 86 & 88s then go from there. Don't get ahead of yourself. I'm just a slalom skier who hangs around to many jumpers. @Horton

• Baller

@mattp, trust me, the only person on our team who should be using skis that long has his own. They were a very poor purchase made by a former team president and have seen a collegiate jump two or three times since we've had them because of that. There are only two of us doing anything beyond a ride over and we both have our own skis.

@beans, we are got these from a couple of guys down in florida and because no one on our team other than the guy who has his own 90" jumpers should be using skis that long they have only seen the collegiate ramp two or three times. I think in this case pictures will speak better than words so I'll get some pics and message them to you tomorrow or Wednesday.