Who are the Ballers?

Horton

• Baller

@ral @OB.

In some clubs in Sweden the membership is as low as type 100 USD.

That is per year and includes unlimited sets - for the whole family.

The club boat is included (there are normally not space for private boats).

Normally you have to work as a driver type 1 evning per week and work a little on the club stuff 2 times a year.

Do not play golg but I know that golf in Sweden can also be cheap.

Membership type 50- 100 USD /year.

Do not know about green fees. Would assume a cheap one is 10-15 USD

• Baller

@bogboy - nice! IT is loads of fun watching the tractor pulls. Have seen some pretty young kids (boys and girls - in the 16-18 yr old range) do VERY well around our area. I see the money they put into that and think.......yup, skiing isn't so bad afterall!

Golf membership dues to nice clubs (aka: Oakmont Country Club, Pittsburgh Field Club) are VERY expensive. When I was a caddie at the Pittsburgh Field Club I know there was an initiation fee of around $36k. That was close to 20 years ago. Not sure what the monthly dues were but it had to have been pricey.

• Baller
Yes, more setups like @OB would really help the sport. I think our biggest challenge is keeping the folks in the range of age 22 - 35 involved in the sport. For the folks under 22, usually mom & dad pick up the tab. For those over 35, that is when disposable income starts to make the sport feasible. So that middle group is the challenge and seems like the group hardest to keep involved. My opinion.