Ski storage over winter question

RLW

• Members
Just wondering for those in colder climates if you bring your skis inside for the winter (versus garage or garage attic where skis subject to temperature extremes - freezing, etc). I've always put mine in a heated basement storage area, but garage attic would be easier. Anyone know if temps going above and below freezing regularly does any harm to the skis?

• Baller
As per Goode's website from a few years ago, carbon is a temperature resistant material, but it is not a good idea to keep it somewhere very cold or very hot. Personally I always bring my skis inside and put them in either my room or basement. The biggest reason is that I know they are safe and no body can steal them. Does it really do any harm to the skis? no not really. Is it the best thing in the world? not really. Its kinda like that .001 inch scratch that some skiers freak out about. Does it really make a difference? Nope. Do people freak about about things that dont matter? Yup.

• Baller
Mine are all hanging from the ceiling in the garage and always have been. But I haven't got any fancy waterskis. Odd that Goode would say that it is temperature sensitive since they sell snow skis made out of it;) My Carbon fiber Fishers don't seem to care.

• Baller

I have an entire room in the house that holds skis, wakeboards, etc. However, one of the guys I ski with keeps his ski in the boathouse all year round in GA and he's been on the same ski for at least 6-7 years. He still gets into 38 off too so it can't be too bad. I say keep it out of the sun and rain and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't go ski one evening and hang it up where it'll get below freezing that night though. That could get bad real quick.

• Baller

Mine goes in the basement with all it's friends...

When I was commuting an hour or so for work for 6 years, my motto was have ski will travel.. I could hit any of the 3 lakes I ski in on the way home, whether it was the short or long way home. That's when I added the Rubbermaid tub to haul around backup stuff, heater tops, etc..