Your Basic slalom tug with ZO

rodltg2

• Baller_

So, they bought the old 95 MC 190 molds, designs, specs, and tooling and are building new ones with updated power plants?

What is the pricing on that Brazilian MasterBoat and what could the price be if this were done in, or exported to, the US? Just because they did it doesn't mean it they aren't charging as much as a new technology, current model boat would be.

As @bigtallweed mentioned, Malibu still allows you to (at least as of 2013) order a Malibu Response or Response LX at a much better price than the TXi. I have one that was well after Malibu had the Response and Response LX as their flagship/current model and had moved to the LXi. Mine is a 2009 Response LX and those boats were not even shown on their website with the LXi or other current models at the time. I think you could order it with their iBoat web app back then, but probably just through dealers now. It has updated the power plant and ZO. So, I would say there is one US maker that produces an older slalom tug with ZO.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
That's definitely a '91-'94 Prostar hull. I'm confused however...is this a boat produced in Brazil? If so, is it being built by MC, seeing how it has MC written all over it? A brand new, retro model of this boat would be awesome - if it could be kept around Gekko (20') pricing.

• Baller

Anybody have any idea on pricing? Is it actually in that $30k range?

When I saw Centurion come out with the carbon pro, I thought they were heading that direction, but then the CP turned out to be significantly more expensive and really not that much cheaper than the big 3.

I got a malibu 2013 catalog the other day and it actually did still show the response and response lx. I wonder what the bu base price is on those. If the base price on the Axis A20 is $45k, it seems like the response ought to come in at even less than that?

• Baller
Yep 91 - 94 hull. That's a nice looking boat. Could have purchased a mold, or splashed a MC. I have a nice 92 MC for sale for 8.4k. For about 90% of the skiers out there it's a tremendous boat. Flat wakes, handles like a sports car, easy on fuel, light on the trailer, looks good and sounds cool. The only issue is when skiers get past -38 there's some spray. I read about a slight mod they did to the spray flute on the MC pro tour boats of that era. Cleaned up the spray through -39. For a few bucks someone could put a ZO motor in it.